View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 22:28   #16
michaelundinaeichhorn

Hello Alessio,

I am not sure if I got your question right so if I answer the wrong thing just tell me.
You loose thousands of skincells and other debris moving around all the time. They drift upwards with the warm air around your body and then sink to the floor. So you leave a continous trail of them everywhere you go. Cars, and busses are kind of cars, have a forced ventilation (direct translation, no idea how you call it on English), meaning even when the windows are closed and the ventilation is shut of they blow out some air and with it your debris. A well trained and good dog is able to follow this extremely small amount. To my astonishment that doesn´t seem to be the case with trams, though Altai seemed to smell some hint she told me the trail ended at the point the person changed from bus into tram. It might be that she couldn´t sort out the fact the the fresher trail was much less than the older one. I will try a tram some time in future again. But anyway this is one of the important informations you get while training. If our dogs loose the trail close to rails ist is very likely the person took the tram there. You would then continue the tram route and check at the stops if the person left there or not. The dog will find a trail or show a negative.

Ina

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 21-02-2012 at 00:09.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote