View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 15:47   #34
*myschievous*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacino View Post
they are in the u.k and they are here to stay your local council need educated on this breed and several councils have now accepted the breed because they have been invited to see the dogs, at present there are over 20 csvs in uk not one has a lience and they never will, my dogs travel freely in uk as do all the rest, please let me know which councils have restrictions on the Csvs? my two 7mths old pups where at a council run fete only last week i had no problems at all,,, regards paul winder kent uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P View Post
was wondering if I need to get permission from my local council, (I am in the Manchester area) to own a czw? If so is there likely to be a certain department within the council that I should get in touch with and how do I approach the subject, do I just ask for permission to own a csw or ask which dogs need a license?
This was the reply I received sometime ago when asking a local council near where I live. So it looks as though although some councils are wiser this one isn't.

I'm not sure if it is the actual council my area is govened by but it is one in the same region.

Quote:
Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your enquiry.

I would advise that due to the wolf ancestry of the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog I would expect anyone owing such an animal to also possess a Dangerous Wild Animals Act Licence. I also understand that it was once a registered a breed with the Kennel Club, but is has now been deregistered due to the Dangerous Wild Animals Act.

The DWA Act is fairly explicit and the guidance is fairly clear. However, you will always find that some local authorities may interpret the guidance in slightly different ways, and you may find that some of the responses differ slightly.

The following document may also be of use/interest. Please click on the link: http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-countryside/gwd/wolfdogs/wolfdogs.pdf

I hope this information is of use.
*myschievous* jest offline   Reply With Quote