View Single Post
Old 20-01-2011, 00:56   #1
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa
Default A bit about breed selection

After read the French forum, after read some comments at Facebook and also after hear somethings about breeding, I decided to open this topic.
After the topic about the french atipical dogs, probably mixed animals, I've read several times that we're criticizing the french breeding, we all know it's not truth at all.
I noted that most of people have no idea about what is select a breed, what is the meaning of be a breeder, according what I could read, most of people thinks it's only make pups according to what they imagine is right and is fine, win at dogshows is only a proof that everything is fine and that the world is colorfull and perfect.
The most sad is that people are being deceived by these "wanna be breeders" and helping them to keep people wrongly informed.

Then I want to show what is REALLY a breed selection, and for shut up the mouths of those who said that "we're criticizing the french breeding" using a French breeder as exemple, I hope it will also help people to give value to real breeders, which help to evolve our breed and which are missing at CzW and which are being forgoten.

This is the first dog, the start of what i'm talking about, I will not point here detailes about standard but who can understand it will see her good features also as the bad ones.

We will soon see that the breeder had plain notion about it, contrary to some people who are blind with the word "my dog is perfect, he is the best, he won dogshows" and keep falling ever in the same mistakes for generations.

Well, this is the daughter of the first dog I posted here, a bit different isn't it?
She is quite wolfish comparing to her mother, but its only the first generation, normaly is when the work is only starting, you cant expect much, right? Well, I would say wrong, soon you will see.

Now, here we go with the second generation selected by this breeder, daughter and son of the second dog I posted.

Wow! When I saw them I couldn't believe, but let's see other photos

Well, you dont need be an expert to see such a huge difference, difference for good, the magic of what selection can do if be done properly.

But I've wrote before that we commonly can't expect much of a first generation, right? principally when we mate very different dogs, but sometimes genetic brings us some surprise and can pop dogs like this one.

yes, its a pup from the first dog I posted here.

There are more breeders which do it in other countries as well, of course, but here I used specifically a French breeder, to people see that everywhere there will be bad and good breeders, we only need to know for chose and give value to the ones which are helping our breed.
I would like to congrats this breeder, his work and hope he will keep working like that, because I can imagine how hard should be for him.

Last edited by Nebulosa; 20-01-2011 at 02:37.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote