View Single Post
Old 22-01-2011, 23:52   #12
tikaani

Default pups

hi,iimported gus around 7, months, when i first got him he was very skitish but after a while we bonded quite quickly, at first i couldnt even put him on a lead, but to be honist, he did do a lot of travaling and then met a total strainger. then after a few days of having him he settled down and even got him walking on a lead very well. since then he has traveld all around the uk with me and even enterd dog shows over here with me and he has won 1st 3rd and 5th. although it is very hard bonding with a dog much older as long as you are patient and care about him/her its amazing what you can do. although saying that i would say that you should atleast have experiance with large, very active dogs, and make sure you get a dog that has had lots of interactive with people and animals, last thing you want to do is import a dog that is incontrolable over here. new blood lines over here are always good, there are very few at the mo, but if not meet the breeders over here, have a good chat, meet a few times, and if your not sure, dont get one...
best wishes from lee
tikaani jest offline   Reply With Quote