Thread: CSV statistic
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 03:13   #3
Mogwai-Weezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Hi all, thanks for support !

Feel free to take a look from time to time to the description page as I add features (hopefully) periodically. Last important adds about the coefficient of inbreeding calculation:

"- Note: you can see two different parts for the Coefficient of inbreeding calculation, the first uses the formula: Sum (1/2)^n1+n2+1 (formula used by wolfdog.org) which suppose common ancestors have a COI=0% (which is not true most of the cases => the coefficient is under estimated) ; the second uses the complete formula: Sum (1/2)^n1+n2+1 * (1+Fa), this one takes in account the COI of common ancestors (better, but still a bit under estimated: Fa obtained from 8 generations with 3 converging passes. However, the result is now acceptably accurate.)."

One exemple of changes:

Hathor Crying Wolf: Wright's coefficent on 5 generations: 19.43359375%, becomes with complete formula: 26.2852315791%

As you can see the difference between results can be huge, so I encourage breeders to use the complete formula.

(BTW: Saarloos lovers, I added same statistic engine site for the Saarloos breed (link on the description page)... interesting to compare the formation of these two breeds).

Cheers

io nn ci ho capito nulla... vedo solo il nome del mio cane, ma nn capisco a che pro è stato citato!!! Qualcuno può tradurre?
Grazieee
Mogwai-Weezer jest offline   Reply With Quote