View Single Post
Old 30-09-2011, 12:47   #354
Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
You have to take care with the rules for not turn too hard for the breeders chose different males, if you putas rule, for exemple, that all dogs used for breeding must have Elbows Displasy results or that they must be all N/N will be really hard for breeders to bring new blood and even for go to mate with different studs at other countries - something which will be REALLY needed, principally at the start of the breeding there -

Not only that, suppose you find an old dog from an very interesting line in your country, its an pure imported animal which the owner accepted to make the X rays, if there is as "rule" that the dog should have characer test and several dogshows it might make this owner give up of the idea and you will lost an very interesting stud.

I think you should put as rule for all dogs living in UK for breeding the need of Elbows and Hips displasy results, hips not higher than C, elbows not higher than 0-0 as elbows displasy is quite rare in the breed yet but extremely dangerous in an breed with such small genetic pool as CzW, as there are an small ammount of dogs with some degree of elbows displasy will be no problem to the breed itself make such rigorous selection.

Microchip is something easy and practical which I find crucial, the tatoo often used usualy get erased with time and then impossible to read.
Also is easier to erase an tatoo than took out microchip, I think microchip is safer for the dog and owner, identification is never too much.
Those are fair points.

I was thinking that the character test could be for dogs in the uk, if someon wants to use a dog outside the uk, then its at their discretion.

I agree with regards to elbow testing and dm, I think using carriers providing 2 aren't mated with each other is fine, esp as the breed has a small gene pool.

Taz
Tazer jest offline   Reply With Quote