View Single Post
Old 24-07-2012, 14:33   #85
Ligerwolve2

I was actually just going through the old threads yesterday. Such a shame that people put their own desires above what is best for a breed they pretend to love.

Laws here regarding breeding are becoming stricter and stricter. Actually a few long term breeders are being lost because its so much more difficult to have a litter.

For example I used to breed GSDs. There have been instances where breeders have been held accountable for a pups health. Same with selling "pure" dogs that are infact mixes.

If its found that you knew you were selling mixes but decieved the buyer and sold as pure at a much higher cost you could open yourself up to be sued. Especially if this caused the buyer extra costs that could be linked back to the lie.

Not a guarantee this will happen. The cases so far have been few and far between but this is the direction our country is heading in regards to breeding.

A shame but thats how its going to be.

My biggest fear is that someone will bring mixes here and market them as pure. Dogs with lesser temperaments and health. No health tests. Break the laws by not microchipping ect. Its a new breed. One that some people will react with fear to. This will end no doubt in breed restrictions or banning. This wont just effect this breed but anything that is similar. A few who rush in without thought will make it so no one will be able to enjoy these dogs.
Ligerwolve2 jest offline   Reply With Quote