View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:27   #89
enomis52

"Australia is not ready"

I do believe that this is an unfair statement. Certainly there are people who are not ready here, but I would argue that there are people all over the world (including where CZW's are available) who are "not ready" to own a vlack.

I'm sorry, Sona, that this seems to be your perception here. Obviously this is the attitude you have come across here. But please do not judge the whole country as not ready.

If I had the means and $$ to enable me to import a pair of good quality dogs here I certainly would. As it is, this is a long way from possible for me at this time in my life.

I'm involved in a number of other species forums (reptile, aquaria, feline) and the overwhelming thing I find is that people who are REALLY passionate about the animal/breed they keep are very protective of the breeding and keeping of that animal. And rightly so! But it is not fair to judge a whole country as being unable to make the right decisions for the breed - as mentioned, there seems to be people here and in Europe who are willing to mentor and help breeders here. We certainly must be grateful of that!

The breed is not widely known here. Perhaps once people begin learning of the breed, serious and responsible breeders will emerge who are dedicated preserving the lines developed in Europe.

The rest of us can only hope.
enomis52 jest offline   Reply With Quote