Old 07-11-2011, 16:56   #16
Morian

Send a message via Skype™ to Morian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijke View Post
No you are not crazy!
i am, i am...

Quote:
In my country for some breeds (and breed clubs) this is more common to ask But for CsW I did not hear this question before!
very strange. i heard about many cases of herpes, for example. when whole litters died, when males couldn't "make" pups, when females got ill after covering... i mean csv of course.

Quote:
But before mating I always did test my females for such diseases (also CsW) , but did not ask this for males when it was not usual in club rules or the breed community
hope russian people will not read it i tested my male before he covered his first bitch. he was healthy. then the bitch remained empty... but my male got some surprise when i repeated the same tests later(i did it because all i heard from her owner seemed strange to me - too long heat, pups were visible on usg, but then they disappeared etc.). that's why i ask here do other people ask for these tests or not. i don't want to look crazy if i ask it from anybody interested in my male but ok, there are many more factors... last time i didn't ask tests only because i know that bitch very good

Quote:
All sportive hobby breeders (in several breeds) in my country ask € 100 for each living pup with 2 weeks with a max of the puppy price!
but prices differ. i don't want to name exact males, but for example we contacted one male from czech (he is cpmpletely healthy - hd a, ed 0, dm n/n, has show ch titles etc.) and his owners asked for 50 eur/pup. then we contacted another male from slovakia which had only hd result and 1 cac if i remember good, no training, nothing more... and his owner wanted from us 100 eur. so the question is: what determines the price (i don't talk about owner's fantasy )? seems there is no logic at all. i explained in my previous message how i define studfee, cause some people from europe contacted me and i really know what is to make visa and what is to go so far... that's why i wonder more and more.

Quote:
But there are also CsW owners in my country who ask the max price to pay with covering. When the female is empty, you can come back one time. When she is empty again you have bad luck….
stupidity...