View Single Post
Old 14-07-2009, 00:57   #18
wolfeywolf

I have always loved the breed. I have no intention of cross breeding at all as this does the breed no favers and changes them from what it is about them that I fell for. I don't want a cross, lots are available but they are not what I am wanting.
17 years ago I fell in love with the breed when I borrowed a book from the library and since then, even having to cope with paying friends to use their dial up internet connection to research, until I got my own pc, then broadband and yet more research.
Nothing will change my mind. My only reason for not having them now is because they weren't legal in the UK and I'd want my dog to be involved socialy as what would be the point of having a dog if you couldn't enjoy life together?

I have fallen hard and with so much bad taste caused by uk crosses, it now seems that it has become even harder, now that the DEFRA restrictions have been removed. I don't want to find out later that the dog I have bought to be my companion, turns out that I can not show or was missold as a cross. To be fair, ones I have seen advertised have been genuine as to it being a cross, but for what purpose other than money and pet? I could not show, then on passing health test, breed and hope to produce quailty to also show.

I would seriously love to hear from breeders who, if prospective owner from the UK was to jump through all hoops put in place, would allow a pure registered Dog into the Uk to a loving home who has admired and researched the breed since early teens.
wolfeywolf jest offline   Reply With Quote