View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 18:00   #51
Puma
Ottokar lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
Actually, I really understand you and agree on some things. But this is the fact - it shouldn't have to be Wolfdog.org and breeders who use Wolfdog.org to investigate anything. It is each country's Kennel Club which has the responsibility to do that, but it doesn't seem that is forthcoming.

What else can be done except to write and share on one's personal site, therefore, the suspicions they have? Otherwise, it could be that suspicious (yes, suspicious!) dogs be used over and over and spread wider in the gene pool then it already is...

It's not the best way because the best way would be that the Kennel Club of each country in which suspicious dogs reside would take action to clarify it themselves...... I wish it too. I believe such complaints have already been lodged with the KC's to no avail...
I know our points of view do not differ that much.

And like I said, I believe the correct way is to have the official breeding organizations to develop a vision and strategy for the future of the breed, define rules and regulations, live thise rules and promote them. Get breeders to sign and test, support them in bringing them on board, but not exclude them or mark them as suspicious. It will work against the breed at the end of the day.

It's a long and difficult process, but with passion and a vision, it will prove to be the right way, I absolutely believe so.
Puma jest offline   Reply With Quote