View Single Post
Old 29-04-2010, 01:36   #5
Gypsy Wolf

I know digging is something Luna finds pleasurable - a lot fo dogs here in Florida do, as the ground is cooler the more you dig, and they like to hollow out a cool spot. I guess it also feels good to dig, too - and I am sure there's a little hunting behavior, too - she digs, sticks her nose deep in the hole, digs some more, repeat...
She doesn't destroy the plants, just digs them out, so it was relatively easy to replant them. So I try to distract her with toys or filling her pool - she digs in the bottom of the pool - sloshing the water out of it, which isn't too bad.
I am willing to bet she will be a mouser, too - we have a few mice in the yard, as we have chickens, and it's just a matter of time, I think. She of course likes to box her paws against the front of the chicken and quail coops and startling them. The quail get nervous but the chickens get annoyed and peck at her.
She has a habit of finding den-like areas in the yard - and even in some places - when I was browsing at Home Depot she made herself comfortable crawling under the tables and snoozing while I selected plants.
She has a habit of "looping" around the back of people who approach her - she prefers to meet people more dog-politely (sidling up to them rather than approaching rudely at the front). People think she is shy as they are used to obnoxious Labradors, but she makes up for it by being snuggly after the approaches "politely" and gets to sniff them. She is not a fan of ANYTHING approaching her directly or dominantly, whether it's people or other critters.
Gypsy Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote