View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 16:23   #12
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Vaiva, Ina.
I also agree that 1 cm should not change much in breeding.
My dog is 73cm and his father is P14... he is 64.5cm tall... 0.50cm below limit!
But this is not the point. I am not asking for opinions (I have my own), I'm asking for rules, facts.
Is 1 cm acceptable to give the dog a mark which is not P14 according to slovak breeding committee?
From what I knew it was ok for females (if below 60cm, it could be P5 if all the rest was ok) but for males it was strict.
But maybe i'm wrong, maybe this has changed!

I don't think that 1 cm will change much in the product the dog makes.
But...if the limiti is 65cm, he could get P14 and the breeding committe could decide, for certain females, if it is worth using that dog anyway.
It is not new that many czechs using males from other countries without bonitation because it is not a requirement in the country of origin.
From what I know it is not a requirement in ANY other country than Czech and Slovakia...so why should people bother to bonitate their dog after all?....
Why should stupid Italians bonitate their dogs if anyway somebody has decided that bonitation in Italy is not valid...
Better a dog from another country without bonitation than a dog from Italy with bonitation made by somebody's public enemy...
Why? because of the character test. But character test I saw in Slovakia was, according to my eyes (now personal opinion) less effective than the one made in Italy...
I'm fed up with this long time ago Ina...
massimo