Thread: CW in the UK
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 00:10   #26
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Yes maybe but as I understand there are all Canis Lupus and not Totaly differant breeds at least and therefore there is no Hybrid´s in dogs neather, scientificly spoken that is...
GSD and Rottweiler is also canis lupus, but very different
True hybrids are only ofspring from two different species...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael
But I my self would not cross them at all, but I do not se the reasan way Christian think it is totaly wrong, to cross American wolf to CsV but OK to cross European wolf to GSD ???
I can not speak for Christian, but to me the difference was :
When European wolf and GSD were crossed it was done by experienced people and with a purpose, and with a very strict selection.
Crossing american wolf and CSW will have no purpose, or what is the whole idea about it ?
When you are a recognized breeder of CSW, you should not use your CSW`s for crossbreeding, if you as a recognized breeder want to breed crosses(does`nt matter what breeds) you should not use dogs from your own kennel, to me that is the main difference.

Quote:
To me it is OK if it is done by an expert on cross breeding !!! how ever that is very rear but I´m very glad that people before us have cross breed otherwise there would not be any CsV or Saarloos today, or am I wrong
Both SWH and CSW was crossbreeds between wolf and GSD for a purpose, to create a new breed(CSW was only an experiment in the beginning, but later on it was for creating a new breed), do you think the world need more breeds of wolfdogs ? or do you know another good purpose why to crossbreed CSW and wolf ?

Quote:
I like CsV but also (unpure) dog breeds like Husky mixes, Alaskan Husky, Tamaskan dog, Tamaskan Wolfdog, American Wolfdog and Swedish Wolfdog, but I will newer cross my CsV whit any of them or a wolf !!!

And I like wolves to much to bring then out of the woods

Best regards / Mikael
Christian also have an Canadian wolfdog(a VERY beautyful one), but I am pretty sure, that he will never cross it with anything else, than other American/Canadian wolfdogs, just like i am pretty sure that he will never cross his CSW`s whit anything else than CSW`s.

Greetings Rolf

Last edited by Juniorwolf; 09-03-2009 at 00:23. Reason: more text
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote