View Single Post
Old 22-09-2011, 08:06   #189
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkwolf View Post
REGARDING BREEDER "ORKWOLF"
I take the care of my dogs and pups seriously, I have been working alongside my animal welfare officer over the last few months to become Orkneys only licensed & regulated breeder, this should be completed by the 28th October,
Will you really get a breeder licence if you have bred mixes? Of what breed(s) breeder are you then???

Quote:
REGARDING BREEDER "ORKWOLF"
I am not the only breeder in the UK who breeds pure CsV to 3/4 cross CsV. Why am I getting slated!
I find it really humorous, that you, just like Mr Winder and his friends use the same argument over and over again... Some individuals abuse animals, but it doesn't give anybody any right to do so, does it?

Quote:
Come to my farm on the Orkney coast, stay the weekend, see my dogs, play with them, fuss them, see their two exercise areas both 2 acres big, or see our own enclosed area of beach, that we own, that they play on, see their above standard kennelling, their health records, the £1000 every three months on vets bills, the £200 I spend on meat and food every week, see that I am not making £££££ but putting everything back into the care and welfare of my pack!
To tell you the thruth I would be more interested in reading if/how you socialize and train your dogs, what do you do with them apart from letting them run in the enclosed area, play and reproduce. Provided you breed CSV you must probably be checking their working abilities (?) - do you do tracking with them or maybe obedience, defence, dogtracking or agility? Have you ever taken them to any dog schools? Have you passed any exams with them? Which training methods did you find most suitable for your CSVs? What is the temperament of your dogs? Are they friendly to strangers/children/other animals? How do they behave in the streets and public transport? Do they make you laugh? What behavioural problems do you face with them? Etc. etc.
So far, of British owners only Layla has been writing of Tupac and Tassle and happyfeet about their dogs as of family members and friends; others - as of (sorry for the expression) cattle on nice farms

Offerring animals you're responsible for decent living conditions and vet care is such basics, that I feel surprised you, just like other pup producers from the UK put so much emphasis on it. Especially, that noone has ever blamed either you or them for not caring about the animals.

BTW The breed orignated in former Czechoslovakia and thus where its name comes from, not is Slovenia, Hungary and Austria.

Last edited by Rona; 22-09-2011 at 09:42. Reason: spel. er.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote