View Single Post
Old 21-09-2011, 09:10   #120
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Perhaps rather than trying to find the needle in the haystack wich is a breeder that doesn't mix, enthusiasts may be better off starting over again. Importing new bloodlines etc, not relying on the breeders here, even if they own a dog from one. I don't think the kc will take any application seriously, if those applying include people who actively pointlessly cross breed.
Agree and if any support needed, I'm sure there are many breeders and owners (including myself) who will try to help.

My advice to British solid owners and potential breeders who want to honestly develop the breed in the UK: go to CSV summer camps, meetings, bonitations with or without your dog and let yourself known to European vlcak community. Meet other owners and breeders, watch the dogs, compare, learn how they're trained and socialized, what problems are faced when raising them, etc. Not to mention that at such events you'll have the chance to learn things which are never put on-line. Lots of people speak English now, so there is no language barrier and cheap airlines are really conveniant for such purposes, especially that the events are announced so far ahead. Alternatively a few breed fans might share petrol costs and visit a couple of kennels on their way.... It often happens that wolfdog owners put up other wolfdog owners/lovers or help them find conveniant accommodation so the expenses do not necessarily have to be high, but the non-material gains IMO are huge.

This is exactly how Hedeon started his journey towards his own CSV and I think he does not regret it.

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote