Thread: Hd - ed
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 17:12   #1
Juniorwolf

Default Hd - ed

In Denmark more and more breeders have started to give money back when owners make official HD and ED x-rays of their puppies
I really like this idea as more and more people will be encouraged to make x-rays of their dogs, which ofcourse is good for the induvidual dog/owner as he/her will know if the dog will be able do hard work/training without causing any damage to the dog or if he/her need to take extra consideration to the dogs well being, but it is also very good for the induvidual breed as monitoring the health of the breed becomes more easy and accurate and finally it is good for the induvidual breeder as he/her can monitor his/her own breeding results.

Maybe it is possible to take this one step further, by giving money back when puppies have official bonitation ? I know for one Danish breed called Broholmer, new owners have to sign a contract saying that they must make x-rays + Mental Health Test on the puppy and after x-rays and MH test they will get money back ...the amount of money giving back in Denmark is induvidual, but usually it is the same amount as the cost of HD/AD x-ray.

I wonder if breeders of our breed would think of doing the same ?
Please tell me your thoughts about this...

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote