View Single Post
Old 24-11-2010, 11:07   #26
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Yes, I think, exist differents in countries in measuring of HD. And in some countries NOBODY measure X-ray photos, but doctor only look at photo and write result. It is bad, but true.
I can only write about my experience and your statement is highly invalid. In the vet clinic were most Krakow CSVs are tested for HD and ED six X-ray pictures are made on the most modern US equipment and each dog gets a CD with the photos and a special programme by which the angles are precisely measured. The angles are tested by regular method AND additionaly a Pen Hip! Before the test the vet makes sure the dog is at least 15 months old (not even a day less!) and takes the pedigree, so the owner cannot "escape" without the result put on it. Dr Orzeł, (a surgeon!) measures the angles in the presence of the owner and another vet and gives initiary results. Then the results and the pedigree are sent to the vet who has the right to put it in the dog's pedigree! In most cases it's dr Simebieda, but not only. If the owner wishes the results can be sent to another wet with authority to put them onto the pedigree. There was not even one case of different results by Dr Orzeł and another vet!

I also heard many stories of unreliabilty of Czech dogs HD results, but I'm far from blaming all Czech owners/breeders/vets of cheating or lack of competence.
Besides, the Czech Republic is not the center of Universe and as far as I know, CSVs herd books are in Slovakian hands

BTW Have you ever heard about the notion of TRUST? If all people breeding CSV would have your imperialistic approach we could forget about any international cooperation.

Last edited by Rona; 24-11-2010 at 11:14.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote