View Single Post
Old 25-04-2007, 00:35   #58
indiananous

Send a message via Skype™ to indiananous

Using no more sires who made long haired puppies, it's like hiding our face in the sand, as the ostrich does.
That means it would be necessary to mate ASTA with others dogs, to know if long hair appears once more, and do the same concerning ART with others females. All of this to compare the genetic and, PERHAPS, find a respons.
!!!
But, only two couples ? That's impossible !
We, breeders, are now face to face with real problems among the c.s.w ; we have to try to resolve them. And that means to be clear concerning our puppie's malformations. I've tried many times to discuss about that with others french breeders, but...they NEVER have been concerned in any disease or anything bad !!! Great, isnt't ? My bag was just empty of critics about my kennel....
:
Now, to close the subject about the mating ART/ELZA :

When I first met the c.s.w at Mirka's kennel, I really felt in love seeing Asterix eden Severu. I made a promess to myself : once, i'll have a dog like he.
The first litter was an accident (silent heat) ; puppies were great, but none of them looked as Asterix.
As for the second litter, I decided to keep alle the puppies, and I got the dog I wanted : Amarok.
So, if I've to be runned down because of my so strong wish to have the dog I wanted, I'm ready. Since two years now, Amarok give me more love and friendship than others do (I own 10 dogs).
Elza was matted twice again with ART. 8 puppies were born the first time, then 11. All of them have been euthanasied and Elza sterilized.
Elza is now sterilized. Let's talk about money : the price for a csw, in France, is about 1100 euros. So, it's easy to understand the lack of money for a kennel.
My purpose is not to "create" long-haired and black-masked csw, but I just wanted my dreams dog.
Long haired csw are no more shy or agressive, and they have no more diseases than short haired csw. I've kept contacts with the owners of my 5 puppies and I allways ask about their growing.
I'll try to find you pictures of a long haired csw with his summer coat.
About the "fente palatine", it would be better to begin an other topic.

Greetings
Nadia
indiananous jest offline   Reply With Quote