View Single Post
Old 20-04-2007, 19:42   #15
Monika

Some words about long hair.

Margo start be a little bit demagogic, like is typical for Pavel, sorry….

Long hair is exterier problem. No health!!

Long hair isn´t letal factor like for example ( bloomerle factor, some brown collors..)

We can polemize about the efficiency but not about health!

Many GSD with long hair working like police or army dogs, still. And many very good working breeds have long hair. For examle colies – border colies, australien shepherd, scots kolie. Many dogs with long hair have very strong temperament and they are excelent for agility, flyball…etc… CSW can envy him his temperament and his working genes.
In Czech rep. is new breed „ Chodský pes“ who was made and still is breeding from long haired GSD…not only from this, but this isn´t important. But hair of these dogs is long and his temperemant strong and his behaviour really excellent.

I remeber Agar Reolup. His hair is really long, too and dense and when Agar was with as first time on summercamp many a little bit stupid people call him „ collie „ !
He had sometimes parting on the back, because hair was too long….

When we will compare for example Agar Reolup and Amber Wolf z Peronowki – they looking like 2 breeds, for many people. Two different types.
For me no problem – variability inside breed!
I was first person who covered by Agar Reolup…But any puppies have or had his hair! We wanted it, but any. Mothers genes are important, too…..

Really long hair at some italien dogs isn´t big problem for me. Is only per mile of long haired CSWs in population. I not will make the hunt on hags „ !

Is more major problems in our population.

I promis you, this is last "story" from me to this discussion I don´t have time and some disccssions are really lost time.

Sorry,
Monika
Monika jest offline   Reply With Quote