View Single Post
Old 31-03-2012, 10:00   #287
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
I will explain it to you the last time as it was explained often enough:
If you decide to keep this kind of dog at your home as a pet, fine. I personally think that we should breed pets that are able to handle those situations but if you want a pet that has mainly to stay at home, ok.
BUT if you decide to show and breed it as a purebred CSW with official paper this is fraud.
AND if you take it to an exhibition and watch it being in panic without taking it out of the situation this is cruelty to animals and nothing else. And yes as a vet that is specialized on Animal Behaviour, owns a very big dog school, trains mantrailers up to a very high level, breeds wolfdogs since 12 years, raised and cares for several European wolves I am very qualified to judge the behaviour of your dogs, as well as the fact that they are more than atypical in looks and behaviour for this breed. And Daiva by the way is a specialized judge for this breed and should be able to judge this as well.

No matter what you post here on statements and photos this does not change the picture your dogs and their handlers gave on this Expo.
And my dogs traveled from Germany to Italy they stayed at several different places, one of them is only 10 month of age and has never before been to such an occasion. There have been several CSW that traveled as far and have been there the first time, absolutely no animal on this Expo showed only a tenth of the mental stress your animals showed. I have seen hundreds of CSW on a lot of occasions and over 15 years now. Some of them were shy, many of them were stressed on Expos and other occasions like that. None, absolutely none was in half the mental stage your animals have been in.
If you are not able to see that and help your animals out of this situation you should be very, very thorough to keep away of them as you can easily abuse a dog without hitting it, trap it into cages or not feed it properly.

And if you are not able to respect the intention the founders of this breed had - and it was mainly not for looks - you should change to another breed. To found a 5th line as was said with this kind of animals or breed this animals at all without SEVERE and RESPONSIBLE selection will ruin the breed!
And all of us that love this breed and care for it´s well being will do our best to stop you. The videos are sent to the Slovakian Club, hopefully they can get a change.

Ina
That´s a really good answer

I do really hope the Slovakian Club can act on this now, when they have not just a photo but also a video that shows there behavior

Best regards / Mikael