View Single Post
Old 18-08-2009, 08:36   #13
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
Hello Vicky, please read about this breed more. It was made like working breed. Thear character is not closed wolves. In standart is nothing about shynnes. Shy wolfdog = bad wolfdog.
Jasmine (Edit Molnar), please don´t write about me, I don´t it too. Thanks

Vicky didn´t write about charakter but about temperament and I think what she ment was body language. I very often have seen the situation that somebody thought a wolfdog is afraid of something because it´s tail was down and maybe a little bit curled to the inside, knowing these dogs in daily life I know they aren´t shy at all, they haven´t been afraid, they simply didn´t like this special situation in this very moment but passed it without any problems. The reason for this is that they show more body-expressions of their emotional status than a normal dog, simply because they are still able to show it anatomically. The human taste in bodyshapes has robbed every breed of a lot of it´s ability to show body-signals out of anatomical reasons. It has nothing to do with charakter it is only a lack of body function.
Being used to wolves and working with them every day I do see that already our breed has lost some of this language, seeing hundreds of dogs of all breeds every year I can see that they still show a lot more signals than other breeds. The latter is the problem in judging for people that aren´t used to wolves that much but used to other breeds.
One of my dogs won´t carry it´s tail high all the time on an exhibition and very likely will carry it down on a podium because she doesn´t like to sit in noisy surroundings being bored all day. She is able to do several week old cartrails through the center of a very big city through heavy traffic over several kilometers and has proofed so several times. I can surely say she is a true working dog even if she may carry her tail down on a podium.
Dogs can´t be judged on charakter out of one very special situation.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote