View Single Post
Old 29-01-2011, 15:33   #19
*Satu

Send a message via MSN to *Satu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennin Lauma View Post
In Finland it must be microchip. The tattoos are no longer accepted.
It will get pretty difficult to manipulate the pedigrees after the compulsory DNA samples.
If it would not take away all the misspresented pedigrees, it will atleast take away most of them, I believe.
Because I doubt that many breeders have the contacts & abilities & scills (or even will) to go as far as getting identical microchips for false parents.
How to do it? I am no expert on this matter, and I don't know how easy it would be to get another chip with identical code. But one way would be to kill the original animal and cut the chip out of it and replace it to another. But that act, -as my opinion-, reguires abit more than just a common irresponsible breeder/liar...

Anyways... I think it is a good start, and will help fighting against false pedigrees. there is no good reason to NOT to reguire it nowadays when it is simple and easy, and not even expensive procedure.
Tattoo is correct also in this moment...

1.1.2001 identification system (either Life Chip (Indexel) - Data or Mars, or microchip
tattoo) is mandatory for the official Kennel Club dog shows, trials and competitions. The Kennel Club
accepts from 1.1.2009, all in accordance with the ISO 11784 standard microchips do not have the country code.
ISO 11784 standard chips have been approved06/01/2009 .