View Single Post
Old 29-12-2011, 03:53   #6
Maddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimoleonVieta View Post
Thankyou Maddie, that is a big relief about insurance, this was driving me nuts trying to find an answer to this simple question. Seems perfectly logical now you have said!! Maybe I should use a UK breeder & then I can insure as a heinz 57

I am nobody to judge as I do not know 1% of CSV breeders. I do feel that I am especially attracted to CSV because of the many careful & intelligent guardians of the breeding process in previous decades that have made possible what is today. Surely anybody that messes with a breed like this & crosses for no good reason with no better project in mind, really misses the point of CSV. The same with those that breed a CSV that did not look up to complimenting the breed. I would not buy a marble from this type of person let alone my future companion of many years regardless what country they hail from.

In the little I know, it would be unfair to judge the UK too harshly because the future is not here yet. The CSV has had a lot of problems to overcome just to be here in the UK, so fingers x'd when CSV is better established here then better breeding may happen. If it is not too late already
even if you brought over an FCI registered pup, you could still register it here as a mix for insurance purposes.

have you looked at breeders outside the UK yet? if you havn't i suggest that you compare them to what breeders we have here in the UK. yes i agree, a lot of hard work has gone into this breed to get it where it is today, and having researched this breed for coming upto a year, i am becoming quite adept at being able to see differences between a good breeder who is breeding quality lines for the future of the breed with nothing but the highest standard of breeding stock. and a not so good breeder who is only breeding for the money that lines their pockets and depleting the csv lines with either poor quality stock or mixes.

honest gaurdians of the csv in the UK want nothing more than for this breed to be properly established and protected here. but currently it is in a catch 22 situation, where europe don't want to send pups over incase their quality breeding gets put into mixes and phased out. but in not sending pups over, the UK is left with less quality lines that are not protected anyway, so some breeders see no issue in mixing them anyway unfortunately.

by how you spoke about your breeder not helping you out with information on insurance, it sounds as though this breeder is not breeding for the safety and betterment of this breed in the UK. if you were to contact a good breeder, you would be grilled for a long time, and would be on hand for you 24/7 if you were genuine about owning one of their pups and had either a worry or an issue. good breeders care about the pups they create, and want to have as much contact as possible with owners to make sure that the owners know what to expect and that support is there for you if required. btw this is just my take on what you have said, please feel free to correct me if i am off the mark.

if you dont mind, could you message me the kennel name where you are thinking of buying this pup?
Maddie jest offline   Reply With Quote