View Single Post
Old 25-11-2010, 01:53   #115
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morian View Post
...it all looks like some people try to turn serious faults into specialities
dog can be dominant, can be calm, can be active etc., but never must be shy or agressive. and this difference exists, sorry. dog must be handable and obidient. maybe some people lazy to train their dogs want to say that their dogs are just typical we all are different too with different temperaments, but we all are normal (i hope ). so there is a difference between individual characteristic and pathology and this is big mistake to mix it.
Yes, it is true. The problem is to "evaluate" the real character of a dog. Which is shy? Which is just not socialized? Or just has submisive character?
Agressive? Or trained? Or scared and attacking?

I will call you two examples. There was a nice dog with GREAT character. Very good stable dog which didn't wanted to attack just for fun. But his owner decided that he want to pass some IPO exams. The dog was beaten so long that he started to attack people. Not only decoy but also "normal" people. I knew this dog before his "training". And I know that later he was described as "extremly agressive" wolfdog".
Another example: there was a dog which had the tendency to attack people without any reason. Really agressive. His owner used electric collar and made this dog a "nice, calm dog" - the dog was too affraid to bite anybody. Now he is know as a dog with nice, friendly and calm character....

You can change the dog, you can change his "publicity" - but what you can not change is the genetic.

People called first dogs "agressive" but exactly puppies of the second one can "inheritate" the "genes of agression"...

The problem is that what you can read in internet, what the owners are writing on their pages, what is told about some dogs is sometimes very far from the reality... You saw here that some dogs were called "shy", some described as "nice" and "friendly", some as "calm" and some as "hyperactive", some "agressive" and some "stable". You need really a lot to do to find out what is true.... because in many cases what you hear are just ..fairy-tales...

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote