View Single Post
Old 25-11-2010, 09:22   #118
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Peronówki View Post
Yes, it is true. The problem is to "evaluate" the real character of a dog. Which is shy? Which is just not socialized? Or just has submisive character?
Agressive? Or trained? Or scared and attacking?

. You saw here that some dogs were called "shy", some described as "nice" and "friendly", some as "calm" and some as "hyperactive", some "agressive" and some "stable". You need really a lot to do to find out what is true.... because in many cases what you hear are just ..fairy-tales...
Quote:
Originally Posted by z Peronówki View Post
Now let's take a not trained wolfdog attacked by huge "Schwarzenerger"-decoy. According the bonitation rules our Wolfdog should change to "kamikaze" dog and attack although the dogs knows EXACTLY that he has no chance to win. A dumb dog will do this. Clever dog will avoid confrontation... In the best possible way...

The problem is such dogs are judged according the pattern and called "weak" or even "shy". EVEN if they can be trained into a very good "strong" dogs (if a dog is trained to "win" with Schwarzeneger-decoys such dog will believe very fast in his "power" and will start to attack also frontal. But it must be trained/teached).

What I want to say that in many cases - when we do not take into consideration the real character of this breed we do not select for good Wolfdogs but we made selection to have "not-thinking" "kamikaze dogs"... To have less inteligent dogs as we have at the moment...
I knew we had the same opinion, I totally agree. And that is exactly why I don´t like the Czech bonitation and prefer the Slovakian one. I have seen fear aggressive dogs getting an Of because they attacked in a trained situation they could not escape.

It also is a point of view according to argumentation for defense training. It very often is said that it makes a dog safer because it will only attack the arm. I was defended by my not trained and very thoughtfull dog, she grabbed the butt. Very safe for the dog, very effective and not causing severe damage to the attacker but can be hold for a long time. She defended without hesitation in a situation where I would not have been able to defend myself but would have got bad marks in character test.

Ina

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 25-11-2010 at 09:24.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote