View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 13:02   #6
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I can appreciate not "humanizing"...while I am away (at work for instance), my dogs also have their garden, and are allowed to be dogs. I have 6 CSVs, so there is plenty of opportunity for dog socialization. Lol, I'd hardly say mine are lazy...most days after being in the garden we train for some kind of work - tracking, trailing, obedience - as the breed was intended to do as a working dog breed.

Resources such as food are controlled and must be worked for. In this way, the dogs know who is in charge...largely the other parts of "alpha dog" theory have been disproven.

When we are done for the day, mine also don't sleep on the furniture, but do appreciate the comfort of a soft place on the floor to sleep and relax, and know that as their leader, I have provided safety for them...they know what the expectations are for them as dogs in the home, and this transfers to other indoor places when they travel with me, which is often. Lol, I guess if humans lived strictly by nature we would be eating insects and swinging from trees.