View Single Post
Old 14-10-2010, 16:17   #80
admin

First I'm sorry if I will not answer all question but I will try to answer as much I can.

I know the situation on Wolfdog.org is problematic - I can only assure you that I work a lot on it and soon you will see the changes. I know it is annoying when you try for months to update the information but because of the changes it is problematic now to update the database. When the work will be finished it will be possible to make updates even every week.

Not all data are right - in the perfect case I would like to update it basing on the official information coming from the kennel clubs but you know the kennel clubs work usually even slower than updates on Wolfdog. Because of it I make updates basing on the information sent by the breeders, owners or on the show catalogs. Yes, I know sometimes the data is wrong - wrong because the owners make mistakes while sending us information about their dogs, because there are mistakes in the catalogs. And believe me - sometimes we get wrong information even directly from the owners.... People make mistakes.
We try to get the true information - information about Italian, Czech, Slovakian, German, Finnish and Dutch dogs is verified basing on the official databases made by the kennel clubs. Now we make the same also with French dogs - but so far no all dogs are published on the pages of your kennel club.

In the new database you will be able to see by every dog if the information about a dog is "verified" (by one of the kennel clubs) or not. You will be able which information is correct "for sure" and which not (it means: "can be false").

Till now: the only possibility to correct the data is to send us emails with corrections. So if you see any mistakes - please contact me via private message or email.

It apply to everything - Wolfdog.org is made by the people and only thanks to you we can keep it correct as possible.

The same apply to the gallery - there are many photos added without information about the person who made it. It is possible to add photos via emails and directly to the gallery. By photos with unknown author it is written "Admin". But I do not take any photos - I only add them. It means - none of the photos marked as "Added by Admin" belong to me.
Remember: I'm not able to check if the person who send it has the right to publish it - I can only expect that the people will respect the copyrights.

Anyway - OWNER of a photo is always a person who TOOK IT. Such person can decide about the photo. If you see in the gallery YOUR photo (photo which YOU took) but under the photo is written that it was added anonymous ("by Admin") or by someone else you can always write me the URL of this photo and I will put YOU as owner of this photo.
You can also always decide about YOUR photos - you can always ask us also to remove them.
What you (and we) can not do is to decide about photos made by other people. If someone took a photo of your dog YOU CAN NOT ask us to remove it because you are not owner of such photo. You can only contact the person who took the photo and ask her/him to send us the command to remove this photo. I write about it because there are from time to time cases when breeders are angry about us that we do not remove photos sent by the dog owners or made by other people. We simply can not do this - it is the law and not the bad will...
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote