Thread: New admin
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2009, 05:29   #18
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
then after reading this your dogs are not eligable to attend any FCI show and are not under FCI ruling, so therefor technically according to what the Admin has stated you should not be on the breeders listings, but be as uk breeders not listed, but i am glad to see you and your countries flag up there it lets people see that people in USA are working for the breed, in uk we are lucky as we only need 10 imports and we have these all from different lines, all breeding stock is health checked, we do get abuse about our dogs but as your dogs, they all originated from Europe.......our dogs can go onto rare breeds registry and can compete at shows in UK and Europe, it seems very unfair to ask for so many dogs and owners, if you have 10 or more dogs from different lines then you can breed for many years befor needing new lines, why can they not accept this as a good enough gene pool for say 5 years after which you would then when required and via your club import more new lines. the uk kennel club take show statiistics into consideration and if you look at them on this site under showing you will see the mumbers for most shows are small,we also have letters from many European reeders who have stated we can use there stud dogs to increase our gene pool as we can now travel freely to Europe on passports to breed our bitchs, i am sure if you ask the breeders in Europe you can get frozen seamen straws for AI to USA. the k.cluub in uk have given lots of leeway for new and rare breeds ,
As I understand, once the breed is recognized by the KC - and the dogs in the UK have KC recognized pedigrees which reciprocate with the FCI - they will also be "recognized" by this website as registered dogs. Maybe I am wrong....but I don't think it has to do with shows; it's more about the dogs being "legally recorded and recognized" in their country of birth. KC issued pedigrees will serve as legal "proof" of a dog's pedigree. My dogs (and future litters - none have ever been bred here) are registered with the AKC/FSS - they are legally recorded in the US registry. I also heard it is possible to register US dogs with the Puerto Rico branch of the FCI, since they are a US territory...something I might look into if the need were to arise...but I don't know the exact regulations of the FCI, so that could be wrong.

As far as litters/breeders being listed on this site, I think it is the regulation that kennels that breed mixes are banished - whether they are from the UK or another country...I've never bred a mixed litter (or purebred CSV litter), or had my dogs involved with one, so maybe it is also the reason I am still listed. If I followed the practice, I would also be banished. I think the "elusive Admin" tries to be fair, but he/she/they also do their best to look out for the best interest of the breed in maintaining the site...this is a narrow and difficult line to walk...a difficult part of leadership of the site, I imagine, especially knowing they will make some people upset. In many breed clubs in the USA, there is a code of ethics breeders must follow - a set of rules meant to protect the dogs - that has sanctions against breeders who breed mixed litters intentionally (it's viewed as an unethical practice) - the sanctions may be fines, or a period (usually 1-5 years) where dogs/litters owned by the breeder can't be registered, exhibited, etc. I don't know what the steps to redemption are for this site to be listed again, if there are any...but it is a private site, so those steps aren't required either. It is a privilege - but not a right - to be listed here. The privilege comes to those who abide by the rules - sometimes there are areas which are not so clear which must be responded to and worked through as the need arises (like the problem with ED on the other thread)- that is part of change and evolution with any organization, especially when there is no precedant...but again, this is only my perception...maybe I am wrong.

As for the AKC...haha...that is a whole different huge, ugly can of worms. It is based on money - until you have a large amount of dogs registered, the AKC doesn't think it is worth their time to devote attention to a breed. Once a breed is recognized, it becomes very political with professional handlers. Many newer (especially working) breed clubs have fought against recognition by the AKC...us Americans have a bad reputation for doing bad things to some dog breeds...our shelters and veterinary clinics full of genetically unhealthy dogs are living proof...this is part of the reason I was attracted to the CSV - it is a breed with real potential here, one that hasn't been ruined by poor breeding in the US. And now, it is why I do my best to steer it in a good direction in any way I can in the US. Mostly for fun, and to introduce other people to the breed, I show in UKC shows (no professional handlers allowed) - but this registry is not recognized by the FCI.

Marcy

Last edited by GalomyOak; 27-08-2009 at 05:35.
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote