View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 20:42   #20
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

I know it must be hard to read comments or suggestions about not getting 2 dogs at once especially without having prior breed experience... when you post here really wanting support and people to share your excitement and happiness. I really understand it.

But there have been already posts on Wolfdog.org of others who have attempted to have 2 puppies at once from 1 litter with not very good results = double the trouble, double the training, more difficulty in training, more frustration - I think regular owners who are on their first Vlcak find it frustrating enough...

As I believe Jorja Wolfzone and Raider Wolfzone were brought together and shortly afterwards both returned to their breeder or otherwise gotten rid of.

I am only on my first CsV and he will be 1 year old soon. I cannot imagine having brought 2 at the same exact time, they require A LOT of training and time dedication to raise them up right and socialized. And I cannot imagine having another one within 1 or 2 years, that is how much training he will need.

I hope you will reconsider or at least think about how to readjust your schedule to better accommodate your family additions.

And, by the way, I do not trust my 1 year old male CsV to be good with children. He is just too big, rough, and at parks I must be extra careful, because he will knock children down and sometimes mouth too roughly even to me.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote