View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010, 05:21   #34
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
I really, really wish European breeders would shoot our breed club a quick email when they are approached by an American trying to import a pup. Usually we have had some contact with the person - or can even meet the person to help the European breeder have a better evaluation. We don't see it as breeder rivalry - we really want more people to import to the US - especially interesting males.
Marcy

I agree wholeheartedly.

Besides that, if anybody who brought from a breeder was thinking to put the dog down or rehome it, I would hope that the breeder cared to reclaim the dog to find another suitable home for it.

If CSVs ever reach the level of backyard breeding and mill breeding that GSDs and other 'popular' pets are unfortunately prone to, it'll be a very sad day indeed. I only hope that breeders will invest in a good, legally binding contract and intend to uphold it through all circumstances. We know of breeders who have punitively sued successfully to get back their puppies who have been turned into shelters without their knowledge, rehomed, or bred without permission.

Last edited by yukidomari; 17-08-2010 at 05:25.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote