View Single Post
Old 13-09-2010, 03:56   #38
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas Mom View Post
European breeders are not like American breeders at all, I have noticed. No guarantees, replacements or "please send back if you can keep it" clauses. I have yet to find a breeder overseas with a contract.
It's just a different mentality - I think buyers here do not do the research needed and do not follow through with the work required.
I do not think vlcaks will be a puppy mill sort of breed just because of their "needs" the fact that they usually don't breed over and over in a year's time and though they are gorgeous, once the public realizes what is entailed in keeping a vlcak, their will likely be little demand.
As an aside, there is a new pup in CA - a littermate to Pollux (AKA Pongo)... "Partha"...
Well, Catahoulas have very demanding needs too.. And rescues I know of and work with have seen entire litters put down and many adults currently needs homes..

So I wouldn't put I past people to exploit just about anything...

Perhaps not mill, but certainly backyard breeders of all sorts, I can see..as is the case in countries they are already popular in.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote