View Single Post
Old 20-02-2010, 15:39   #5
draggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
Haha - easier - I sent home a Category 5 hurricane with your wife. But a very sweet and cute one!

Good luck and best wishes with Luna! (Galomy Oak Aurora del Mango)

Marcy
You sent her home with a Category 5 trainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Hi Draggar

I assume this was a joke? A piece of advice: whatever the breed standard says, the truth is that vlcaks have been 'designed' to teach their owners how to stay humble and modest. This attitude will help you remain sane and survive the puppyhood.

The good news is that investing love and effort in them is very rewarding and worthwile and very soon your hearts will be invaded and occupied forever by the little monster

Good luck with you little one and with the whole pack. I wonder how the old man will receive the 'little twister' Keep us informed on developments!
Regards
Rona
It was a half-joke. We fostered for malinois rescue for a few years (I think we fostered a total of 12-15 dogs over the time?) some were hard core working lines, others were show lines, and one was a greyhound from the neck up.

We know that a puppy of any breed is a challenge (heh, if you want some fun, try raising a litter of Finnish Spitz puppies!). We've learned some tricks from our litters (one GSD and one Finkie) but the only consistent thing with puppies is the inconsistency. Be prepared for anything and buy paper towels in bulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Hello Draggar and pack and welkome to the club of CsV owners, where in the US do you live ???

Ooooo, Lucky You ... But just wait 14 days and this little puppy will get you to work I promise

Best regads / Mikael
We live near Fort Lauderdale (about 1/2 hour drive north of Miami). Now the rest of the US based members hate me since I have my windows open and the fans on (I might need to turn the AC back on today for a few hours - it might get into the 80's!).

I know she'll get me to work and I'm looking forward to it. We like to have dogs that "earn their keep" with us. MacLeod (our collie) is a retired service dog for my wife (he can't do much since he's old but he still *loves* going out and seeing people so we use him as an ambassador dog or during collie club events). Maiya (malinois) is a retired show dog - she's a couch potato and loves nothing more than to lay next to me while watching TV. Zorro (another malinois) is my wife's primary service dog as well as a show dog (he just competed in the Westminster Kennel Club show) and has some obedience titles. Kiri is our GSD imported from Europe (Corsalabroek). She's civil but loves her pack and is a good worker. She makes a good back up service dog for my wife. She didn't do well in the AKC ring (being European) but she does well UKC and IKC. We're trying to get her geared up for schutzhund.

Our plans with Luna (the vlcak) is to show her UKC / IKC (and wherever we can), compete as a FSS in AKC events (obedience), and maybe even schutzhund if she has the temperament for it (and if she wants to do it). Her club does a demonstration during the south Florida fair so it'll be interesting to see a vlcak out there working (I'm sure by then it will still only be "puppy play" and obedience.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote