View Single Post
Old 27-09-2011, 19:43   #17
happyfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
Not understanding how you've interpreted my post.. I was simply saying.. your example of saying "F1= 50% wolf, 50% GSD and F2= 50% wolf/GSD and so on" is not entirely accurate because that was not how the breeding was done. As I said, there was and is backcrossing and linebreeding, and so calculations would not strictly be by simply dividing, but rather you must account for things like F2b, and linebreeding. That's all.

What do you mean by "diluting" the breed though? Do you mean in terms of the mathematical calculation of wolfblood? That number is wholly irrelevant and says nothing about the temperament or type of an individual dog.. I can assure you that no breeder makes breeding plans based on what would maintain that mathematical number.
Yes I agree with you, I wanted to find out what the average % was, of which I now have a good idea. From my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) the genetic makeup ie the % wont change that much, it will of course change over a long period of time such as evolution and will mutate and cary the charicteristics of the parents (in most cases) giving more domesticated offspring?
happyfeet jest offline   Reply With Quote