View Single Post
Old 23-01-2011, 04:38   #13
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

I imported a dog to the USA at 11 months of age (male) who had lived with his breeder up until that point. It was really no problem, I bonded fully within 2 weeks (the breeder stayed with me the first week, so naturally he was very bonded to her in that time period). The important thing would be - if you decide to import - to work out the best and most comfortable arrangements for the pup, and be able to have full trust in the breeder to socialize the puppy correctly. I know there are other very successful cases of older puppies/dogs going to new homes with no real problems. And I know there are good breeders in Europe who will work with owners in such waiting periods if they know the pup is going to a perfect new home.

It's a bit more complicated of a situation to buy/import and own in the UK, but whatever your decision, please still let factors such as healthy, carefully planned (temperament, conformation, etc.) and honest breeding be your driving forces in purchasing a puppy - not just the ease or age factor. Lots of research!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Marcy