View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 19:34   #125
michaelundinaeichhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJessy View Post
What is not true Michael?
I know a lot of Csw and many more of this are shy...
In their home are good but in expo or at the street are so shy... This is not god it't true! But is really!
It´s me, Ina not Michael.
I know CSW since 1997 and I know several hundreds of them in different countries.
You don´t almost see any genetically shy dog nowadays in Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Poland. I have seen dogs from France and Italy and Belgium all of them not shy.
In the past it was very funny that the same lines weren´t shy in the countries of origin but in Germany. It was simply the owners fault. We changed a lot of things, we talked to people and nowadays even normal judges that have seen the breed from it´s beginning in Germany come to us and tell us that there has been an enormous improvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJessy View Post
For example ... The attack on the sleeve. I'm not an expert in this field but a friend explained to me that the dog must enter for the first time in a "field" and when person come out the dog should attack or otherwise not show signs of fear. Most people train the dog to do this action. This doesn't make the brave dog, but you get used to do and train a specific action.

The Czechoslovakian wolfdog isn't born brave, not usually ...
We will train you to be!
This doesn´t seem to be a person with much knowledge of normal dog behaviour or training. And braveness could be called stupidity in that behalf.
If you see so many shy dogs in your place you should go to other places and look how the dogs of the same origin behave there. If they behave different it´s a problem of people not dogs.
And if you see Wolfcrosses and Saarloos as no problem in this breed because they are soooo beautifull then I can tell you that those animals are extremely often genetically shy and their offspring is quite likely to become shy. This is one of the main reasons why people want the dogs out of illegal crossings banned out of the breed. They destroy their working ability and charakter.
And they give a totally wrong impression of the breed and attrack people that are getting CSW for their wolfish looks and see this kind of charakter as normal for this breed. It is not!

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote