Thread: CW in the UK
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 16:46   #12
Juniorwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowolf View Post
work carried out for the law change was done by my wife and i, mrs Andre Tanner, and about 6 other people, and big thanks to Koos and Letty who give us lots of nessesary information on the breed to make up the paperwork we needed.
the puppies in uk once all paperwork is supplied to kennel club will have uk pedigrees, and therefor we could show in Europe, defra are only the ministry who inforce the law for the government, so now they have amended the law it is ok with them, they are nothing to do with registering the dogs, this is for the kennel club, who will now register our dogs as the law has changed, as for the FCI,, here in uk well nobody is sure about anything, they say we are part of Europe but still our friends can not visit with there dogs unless they have passports??? the uk is still living in the past and has island mentality, sad but true,, as you may have noticed the uk breeders are no longer on wolfdog.org , so at present there is not much point in putting any info as to what we are breeding, it all stems form cross breeedings by people, my point is when anyone with a labrador crosses it with a poodle you dont get the lab clubs or poodle clubs up in arms about it, there are so many cross bred dogs now in uk and rest of the world, but people on wolfdog .org come down hard on people in uk who cross bred there cwd, the difference in uk is they can not register such cross breds, we know lots have been registered in southern Europe as we can see from photos on wolfdog.org or if we attend shows. I my self will never cross a cwd with another breed of dog, I will however use a pure wolf , again i am condemed on wolfdog.org?? so i take it only people like Karl Hartle and MR Saarloos are the only people who should do such things? well sorry but its a free world for all to do as they please, so why do i breed such wolfdogs, i breed them as i want to see how much i can keep them looking like a wolf with selective breeding with many friends in uk and Europe, breeding without massive inbreeding all our animals are health checked not just breeding stock, but this is my private thing and has nothing to do with my pure cwd breeding, i have all my cwd bitchs on pet passports and i do travel to Europe to breed my cwd, i offered to buy a cwd recently of the rehoming list on wolfdog.org it would have been nice to get new line to uk to help us, my friends in Europe who translated for me said sorry paul the guy wont sell to the u.k., this is result of the people on wolfdog.org who have said we are only cross breeders and even for just money, this is my 3rd litter in 7 years, yet other breeders have breed more than me in 1 yr but they seem to be o.k.? and they do keep useing the same stud dogs??? there is artical soon in uk dog mag, it will state that at present i will not forward papers to kennel club as i want some assurences that our club will controll breedings and dogs eligable to be registered, my fear is the show world people, i have nothing against people who show there dogs, but i do not agree with because a dog is a champion it should be used on every bitch around or the bitch be used to breed of every season,, you can see examples of every breed on the planet where there are champion dogs that people will say how did that ever become a champion,, this is when the trouble can begin as people who are not educated on breeding dogs will just want to use the dog because it has champion status,, there is an ever incresing difference between the cwd bred in northern Europe to those bred elsewhere and it can be seen on the photos on wolfdog.org, as we can also see more posts over the years on different new health problems, so therefor it is best to try and get new owners even pet owners to health check there dogs, this will of coarse be hard to do, but not impossable, as for me breeding and selling for money, if i have sold a cwd in uk, the new owners may be on the site, if they have contact mail or phone ask them how easy it was to get a cwd from me,,, every person has to visit me, they have to go hands on with my dogs, they will recieve a fact sheet, they are asked lots of questions and then i or a friend will visit to see they have been telling me the truth as to where they live and the facilities they have for the dog, out of every 10 people who visit and want a cwd on average only 2 in my personal opinion will be suitable owners,so i do care where my pups go and i do take more care than most breeders, if one of these people break there contract they signed not to cross breed, and they do,then it does not make me irresponsable as many have made out on this site,,, you can only take people as you find them and take there word, one last thing for all the people who have give my wife and i and others so much abuse just remember if you ever come to visit the uk, my wife and I, Andre,Koos and Letty and others for many years fought to get the law changed so you can all walk your CWD here without any problems and in future even attend dog shows.... best regards Mr P Winder breeeder of PURE CWD.

inbreeding, health problems,registered cross bred dogs,SO WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING ABOUT IT??? Our question for Europe from U.K.??????/
I guess this is the reason why your dogs are not present at WD.org :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
In Sweden a dog will not lose its pedigree if you use it in mix-breeding. But you as a breeder might lose your kennel name and be "banned" by the Swedish kennel Club if you participate in such things. (even though you might "get away" with it the first times...)

Ninni
I am pretty sure that this is FCI-regulations, at least I know these regulations also apply in my country and it does`nt matter if you crossbreed with another breed of dog, a wolf, a jackal or whatever...
it is simply not allowed by FCI approved kennels to crossbreed, I think WD.org try to follow FCI-regulations U.K. or not !

Greetings Rolf
Juniorwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote