View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 17:48   #5
z Peronówki
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to z Peronówki Send a message via Skype™ to z Peronówki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine View Post
make the cost as low as possible????
I have good quality males why couldn't I used them????
Or to keep a male, grow up, bring show and keep him for 10-12 years is much cheaper than a studfee????
Which dog you kept so long?

And yes - believe me that using foreign studs dogs is much more expensive.
You are using the same male for several females every year but you need to give him food only once. You don't need to pay stud dog fee which is much higher by already one litter than the food for the dog for the whole year. You don't need to travel and pay the gasoline, you don't need to pay accomodation when you spent the time abroad. I have also my stud dogs and I know what I'm writing - using own dogs make the costs MUCH MORE lower...

But there is something else what is much more important than the money - you know that the main rule for responsible breeder of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs is not to repeat the same matings (with the exceptions when the born litter was very small or the puppies "dissapeared"). If you will take a look on the best (most respected) kennels in different countries you will see that none of the breeders repeated his/her litters over and over again even if the puppies were of excellent quality.
The reason is simple: the breed is developing and we need as much genetic diversity as possible. Repeating the litters is simply senseless....

'Z PERONÓWKI'
FACEBOOK GROUP
z Peronówki jest offline   Reply With Quote