View Single Post
Old 24-04-2007, 00:58   #50
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo
Nebulosa
I suppose you are mistaken by photos and because not seeing dogs in real life.
The examples you quoted do not seem "to my eyes" long coat as the subject of this thread.
On the contrary the example shown by mirka seems that but much more, the looks/colour remind me so much of a Belgian shephard)
There are some cases of "open fur" and "curly fur" that make you think of long fur but it's not the same thing.
Photos can make me mistake because I not see the dog movement, but I'm not blind and I can see coat problems in dogs by fotos, some breeders uses fotos for valuate better htys dogs, some problems we cannot see in live in the dogs, but they appear at fotos as some problems we cannot see by fotos, but only in live.

Let's see if photos can make me mistake too in the coat.
One exemple of Curly coat.

Rep Z krotkovskeho dvora.
He comes from one strong inbreeding, so, the Curly coat is recessive, the inbreedings show more recessives genes, I can say without problems that Omar Z krotkovskeho dvora carring this problems in his genetic, he have curly coat but not show this, but some of his pupies have a perfect coat, so, that's happen because curly coat is a recessive gene and will appear when we mate two dogs that carring this gene.
For me he have a normal size coat, I have one very good idea about the coat size because of the collar that he uses in the neck, neck if the part that the coat is more long.

aah, yes, I can say that in this photo isn't winter, because in the deep we can see one person ( one woman?) with light clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf
And their coat is very different to what you are trying to see on Ciro Brevnovska stopa
No, I not trying to see the coat in Ciro, but you can see by his ofsprings that he have the gene for long coat, as Jerry lee have ( I never mean he that Jerry lee (the dog) have long coat, but I say that he have genes for this and that is possible to see in his offsprings as I have show).
How you can see this, he have made dogs with more longer coat than the normal, that's why they have open coat, not extremly but his coat isn't close as have to be a " normal" coat , because this I can see the undercoat too if is few ( and too by fotos).
In one breed that the long coat isn't normal, the long coat will not appear of one hour to other, but will show a little before appear in one offspring, when we cross two dogs with this recessive gene, the problem was made and will born dogs with more long coat, dogs with only open coat, and too dogs with normal coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirkawolf
It is absolutely normal, that in winter (and the shot of Eros K.Atos was made in winter) our dogs in get very thick coat. Males have especially thick fur around neck, the fur there is also longer. That is what you see on the photo of Ciro Brevnovska stopa (which was taken also in winter).
I know that these dogs have a huge difference in coat betwen summer and winter, that is the correct and is mean in the standard, but the winter coat cannot be used as excuse for one open coat, the coat have at first protect the dog, open coat make the dog lost a bit of this protection, dependant of how is open, the dog will lost more or less.
I not mean that you want to protect nobody, but in this foto and others too I can see a little bit of the Eros undercoat.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote