View Single Post
Old 15-06-2011, 12:05   #95
admin

I see there are different things to clear:

A- We are not against your dogs!!! We do not ask to kill them, to sell them or to put them into the shelters. We just ask NOT TO BREED THEM after the DNA will show that they are AWD (Saarloos, GSD mixes or whatever). Or to RE-REGISTER them as "purebreed" Saarloos.
They must simply DISSAPPEAR from the CsW breeding. Nothing else, nothing more.

B- Yes, we know the DNA test are expensive. But in this case it would make sense to colect the costs and after it to ask the money back for everything from the person who mixed the dogs - because this person is responsible for all the costs and all the problems.

C- About the DNA test - I suggest you to ask the French kennel club for help. WHY? SCC is a part of FCI and because of it they MUST keep to the FCI rules. Such rule is a FCI pedigree which must GUARANTY that the written parents are the real parents of the dog. In this case the SCC are loosing their credibility because the SCC pedigrees of Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs are at the moment only a USELLESS - NOTHING WORTH papers. Not to mention that it is breaking of the FCI rules concerning breeding of purebreed dogs.
I think the SCC would be interested to have dogs with REAL pedigrees by them. And they will also help to clear the case with mixes.

D- We are also getting help from the AWD breeders from Europe. Because they are STRONGLY against such mixes too. You know why? First - they are against any cheating. Especially that the wolfhybrids (with CsW pedigrees) are sold to people who have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE GETTING. Most of the hybrids are pretty close to the wolf - because of it you have some special characteristics. First it is lower bounding with the owner - what will happen when the "mixes" will run away, get wild and start to attack people, dogs or children? The new papers will write about "Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs" (or Wolfdogs) killing people. It will damage not only our breed but it will have consequences also to AWD breeders.
Next thing - the development of hybrids is different. Do you know for sure the reportage about Shaun Ellis. And his story with the pack. It can happen with the Wolfdog males too. They are sweet now but all of them are young - wolf hybrids get adult with about 3 years. At that time stay start to change and early or later you will have problems with dogs attacking the family members. Not because AWD are aggressive but because the people who have the hybrids have no idea what kind of dog they have at home. I hope the story "BĂȘte du GĂ©vaudan" will not repeat soon...
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote