View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:31   #11
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
So I think some new experiments without selection is nonsens.
I fully agree with Hanka, though neither am I involved in breeding, nor intend to be.

Having read about training methods and selection procedures in PS Kennel I cannot imagine it feasible to reconstruct "military approach" at present and in civilian conditions.
Who today:
1. would provide funding of a few hrs daily standardized training for pups and dogs in one place for several years? (including fees for scientists, costs of health testing, wages for trainers and for dog handlers/leaders from the same area willing to work with dogs most of their time?)

2. would take decisions to eutanize pups/hybrids that would not pass exteremely tough working/tracking tests and... carry out these decisions ? BTW how should the character vs. appearance vs. health dilemma be solved? In PS dog appearance was not taken under consideration at all, but I'm afraid it would be the main selection criterion today

3. would agree to have his/her beautiful and loveable dog (hybrid?) eutanized (or even just sterelized), only because he/she would not have passed the working/tracking/trailing tests? etc. etc.

4. If having a very detailed breed standard available, the csv community among themselves cannot agree about simple bonitation standards , and the judges conduct them not always fairly (), who would be able to decide which dogs/hybrids should remain in breeding and which should be withdrawn? Is there an internationally charismatic character among CSV judges/lovers/breedres (?) approved by Slovakian Breeding Commitee (responsilble for the breed in FCI), who could be granted the role of "CSV God"? Would all respect and trust him (them?) enough as not to question his/their decisions? Mutaragate should be a clear warning how an "amateur" experiment may end in not well prepared, widely approved and carried out fairly, openly and under scientific supervision.

5. And last but not least: adding fresh wolf blood into the CSV breed would mean that in some countries csv would be authomatically banned and in some others would have less chance to be legalized. Can the breed afford such step at the present stage of development?

Last edited by Rona; 12-11-2010 at 13:40. Reason: spel. er.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote