View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 21:48   #18
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenris
This discussion points out that breeding for dog-shows and show-titles is more or less a detriment for a breed. The requirements for breeding in the countries of origin of this breed (bonitations and functional testing) are very important factors for the development of a healthy, functional and harmonious dog.
But when it comes to size I think special attention must be kept on this factor to prevent loss of size through the generations. For some reason that I dont really understand, it seems that a decrease in size often occur when inbreeding or linebreeding. Last time I saw a group of Checkoslovakian wolfdogs they looked smaller than some years earlier. A similar tendency is seen among Saarlooswolfdogs.
This i like a lot!!
thanks fenris.
but...i've seen around in cz and italy and haven't noticed a reduction in size at all, on the contrary, people are asking themselves if there aren't a bit too many "larger" dogs.
in sk maybe there is a tendency to reduction? maybe.
Maybe it's due to the very small number of csw?
or maybe that not many studs from abroad with different blood are being used?? could be a good argument for discussion (no polemics please, just plain minded thoughts)

Quote:
it seems that a decrease in size often occur when inbreeding or linebreeding
isn't that scientifically proven?
massimo