Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 26-01-2010, 19:23   #21
sciamalaia

Marta please let Mijke out from the list for the moment because it's not clear what he thinks about this last proposal.
sciamalaia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 19:28   #22
Martab
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciamalaia View Post
Marta please let Mijke out from the list for the moment because it's not clear what he thinks about this last proposal.
No problem, I only wanted to make clear that one thing is the petition posted by Navarre, and another thing is the discussion on how to set new rules for the stud list.
We now are in 77

Marta & GlockArian
Martab jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 19:48   #23
Bille

I think it's important to publish all results and announce dogs in the list, which have a breeding license in their country.
It's my decision and my responsibility to take a male with bad results to my female. (surely it shouldn't be)
If all results are published without evaluating, mybe people will send more results to the database.
Like Ina and other breeders, I want to know as much as possible about the dogs and the next of kin.

Greetings Bille
Bille jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 20:03   #24
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martab View Post
I understand that you...
Sorry Martab my falt I meant post nr 3 and 8 not nr 2 and 8

I´m Mikael not Mijke by the way

Best regards / Mikael
Old 26-01-2010, 22:00   #25
jmvdwiel

Yes you are totally correct
But you can call me Judith

whereas Jmvdwiel is "against of removing the dogs without ED results", but I guess not against including dogs WITH ED results, whatever the result is. Is it correct?
jmvdwiel jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 23:32   #26
Martab
Distinguished Member

thank you Judith and Mikael

Marta & GlockArian
Old 27-01-2010, 00:15   #27
mijke

Sorry for al misunderstanding by my fault!!

In post nr 8 I did mention with 75 - 1 :
75 for publishing - against 1 admin

So I am correct on the list!

PS: I am not a moderator anymore!!
http://www.ursidaestee.wolfdog.org/voor%20wolfdog/handtekening/New%20format%20banner%20Wg.jpg
mijke jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 01:42   #28
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Talking

Thanks Mijke for clearing that all out...

Than it is 79-1 or 79-0 as Admin has not really voted yet
And I hope he will vote 80-0

Best regards / Mikael
Old 27-01-2010, 11:00   #29
Nebelwölfe

Send a message via ICQ to Nebelwölfe Send a message via Skype™ to Nebelwölfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bille View Post
I think it's important to publish all results and announce dogs in the list, which have a breeding license in their country.
It's my decision and my responsibility to take a male with bad results to my female. (surely it shouldn't be)
If all results are published without evaluating, mybe people will send more results to the database.
Like Ina and other breeders, I want to know as much as possible about the dogs and the next of kin.

Greetings Bille
I do have exactly the same opinion. How can we expect breeders to be honest and open to each other and talk/inform about diseases - if even admin of wolfdog.org punishes honesty? There shouldn't be any evaluation of any diseases since this doesn't help to keep our race healthy at all - as we can see in other threads. We only succeed if we work together.

Please publish all dogs.

Nebelwölfe jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 11:16   #30
canislupus

Send a message via ICQ to canislupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepeet View Post
I do have exactly the same opinion. How can we expect breeders to be honest and open to each other and talk/inform about diseases - if even admin of wolfdog.org punishes honesty? There shouldn't be any evaluation of any diseases since this doesn't help to keep our race healthy at all - as we can see in other threads. We only succeed if we work together.

Please publish all dogs.
exactly my opinion! Tanja
Old 27-01-2010, 12:08   #31
massimo

Send a message via ICQ to massimo Send a message via MSN to massimo

I would like to point out that the initial message of the list does NOT say that ALL dogs with ED0 or 1 SHOULD be on the list...not at all.

Quote:
we ask that it applies equal rules for the users of every country. It would be a democratic gesture to discuss the rules BEFORE they were applied, and it would also make the scientific motivations behind them clearer.
it intelligently says that being the site a private site, the owner can apply any rule he wants, but it would be best if the rules are CLEAR, STATED, and applied to ALL DOGS.

My position is the following, and I've expressed it many times.
Studlist: all dogs can be studs "advertise" studs then put limits and apply them.
It is authorised to use HDC in some countries, and in others not.
ED1 is also of common use.
But if WD wants to exclude these dogs, then be it, take ALL dogs with ED1 , HDC or WITHOUT results (official results, proven with copy sent to ADMIN or Margo in the past) OFF the list.
I made HD to Oliver when he was 14 months old...and forgot to make ED...which I made when he was 3 years old.
My choice...but Oliver deserves to be in the list in this case.

Massimo
Old 27-01-2010, 18:58   #32
Martab
Distinguished Member

A possible proposal we discussed in the Italian forum is: publishing all studs, and flagging with a particular symbol the studs that are in possession of all the requirements indicated by the Clubs.

A disclaimer at the beginning of the list together with a legend could explain:
- that dogs are included in the list together with HD and ED results (if available),
- that it is highly recommendable to check carefully HD and EH results;
- that according to "X" Kennel club only studs with (for instance) HD A to B, ED 0 should be used for breeding, and according to "Y" Kennel club..(to be completed with other requirements if different)
- that the symbol "#" means that the dog is in possession of all the requirements requested by "X" Kennel Club, that the symbol "¶" mens that he dog is in possession of all the requirements requested by "Y" Kennel Club...

The symbols I indicated are only an example; we could make different colors, or adding a column ...or whatever could be useful to identify "recommended" studs, without eliminating the others, and leaving breeders free to choose and/or evaluate.
I believe this way of proceeding could be a fair compromise between who wants rigid rules to be applied in order to safeguard the breed, and who prefers to be provided with as much information as possible about all existing studs

Marta & GlockArian
Old 27-01-2010, 20:27   #33
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

I just want to ask when we are in the change the roles section, even if it might be a bit off topic...

Can a breeder put up for example a litter on this site even if the dogs is for example HD C/C X E/E or A/A X D/D ???

Is the only role now official HD result, no matter the result ???

Best regards / Mikael

Old 04-02-2010, 13:49   #34
Ricky's Wolf
Distinguished Member

is possible to have an answer from Admin please?
Ricky's Wolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 13:56   #35
sciamalaia

Admin Please!!! Lesten to us!
Pleeeeeeeease
sciamalaia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 15:45   #36
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepeet View Post

Please publish all dogs.
I agree with this 100%. You can put me also on the list.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 23:10   #37
AMERICANI

Send a message via Yahoo to AMERICANI
Default Exactly...

I plan on breeding in America. I have 2 males & 2 females. All from decent lines, and none with HD or ED results
(Piter has his as a "B", but I want to re-certify once I change to AKC/FSS Pedigree) results. I have a female (Estia) who was hit by a car at a young age. Her fractured hip is bad on x-ray. Her other hip is probably a "B" according to OFA. I don't like Italy's methods. I want to return to America with a reputation, preferably good in the sense that I haven't bred any bad dogs. NOR do I have the intention to. I want to do everything in my power to represent my country and my kennels as an asset to the breed.
Does anyone know the method of HD testing Mexico has. If I move there can I be listed as a breeder? Just curious....
AMERICANI jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 13:56   #38
Ricky's Wolf
Distinguished Member

admin has not responded to anyone.
But it seems to he has responded with updates on new lists of stud-dog.

2 examples

http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.p...ogs&country=IT

http://www.wolfdog.org/php/modules.p...ogs&country=CZ

Last edited by Ricky's Wolf; 08-02-2010 at 13:59.
Old 06-03-2010, 14:25   #39
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningwolf View Post
admin has not responded to anyone.
But it seems to he has responded with updates on new lists of stud-dog.
The topic was solved already before the protest was posted on the forum. Long before it appeared the ED-1 dogs were again included on the stud dog list.

After hot discussion with some moderators I agreed with their arguments. So we decided to include all dogs also the ill dogs (if they have the stud dog rights). So it will be as it always was - on the stud dog list will be listed all dogs which have breeding rights in their countries. The only additional requirement will be: they must have official HD results HD-A, HD-B or HD-C.
The breeder will decide to possible use dogs with ellbow dysplasia, heart problems, epilepsy or other problems.

STILL excluded will be all mixes and not pure breed CzWs. But also stud dogs owned by people who also own/breed mixes. Here will be NO compromises.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 13:25   #40
Ricky's Wolf
Distinguished Member

[quote = Admin; 285.155] L'allevatore decide di cani possibile utilizzo con displasia ellbow, problemi cardiaci, epilessia o altri problemi.
[/ Quote]

well, has always been what we were trying to impress you. A greeting and good work