Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 26-10-2013, 15:47   #1
Shadowlands

Default 'New' Database has appeared

It was brought to my attention earlier today that there is a 'new database for wolfdogs' being set up (yes, I am a bit slow :P ) They claim to have started it in March 2013.

http://www.wolfdog-database.com/

Are this site's administrators aware that all the data I have seen on this 'new' one has been taken from here? I am not happy about this. I want to support www.wolfdog.org not some random site set up by persons unknown who can't be bothered to do any of the work themselves... I suspect this could be the work of some of the negative nay-sayers who have appeared on here of late

Can anything be done?

I know I am not alone in being annoyed at this.

Last edited by Shadowlands; 26-10-2013 at 15:48. Reason: adding details
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 02:07   #2
buidelwolf

Hello Shadowlands,

I did not know that site either, but why are you so annoyed about it? There are only dates of dogs and owners (pedigrees, test results, contact details etc.) and apparently it presents itself as such. I see it just as a shadow database of wolfdog.org, probably created by an enthusiast. Now it seems that there is little more maintenance done to wolfdog.org past year(s), i'm a little worried about the future of it. If it ever does go wrong with it, valuable database data are secured in this way. Whether it is entirely permitted (using photos etc), I do not know.

Parallel database information, derived from wolfdog.org on other websites, is not a new phenomenon. Forum member “Elf” for example, created the fantastic website: http://www.amicale-chien-loup-tchecoslovaque.com/cgi-bin/form.py also, using the database data of wolfdog.org. It contains a very valuable and useful statistics tool, which I consult regularly since various functionalities on wolfdog.org successively disappeared and never came back.
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/ is another example. On that site are also many database data derived from wolfdog.

I do agree with you that wolfdog.org should be the comprehensive ( international) website. I sincerely think it's a pity that its further development seems to lie completely still.

Have a nice evening!

Last edited by buidelwolf; 27-10-2013 at 02:10.
buidelwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 03:27   #3
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak

Furthermore, there is personal information of owners (and breeders too) who have not given permission for it to be used (name/address/phone number)...I, for one, do not like my information posted in places that I am not aware. Though the information there (here too) is incorrect/invalid.
Old 27-10-2013, 08:57   #4
Shadowlands

It is the fact that photos have been taken and - as Galomy Oak points out - personal details have been replicated without people knowing.

I agree that it is good to have a 'back-up' of the data should something go wrong, but the fact that nobody was made aware their details were being posted elsewhere is wrong, imo

Your example of Elf's database wasn't really relevant - he took the data and gave us something new and extremely valuable that isn't available here on this site.

It is sad that this site seems to be having issues of late but I am certain that if we are supportive and patient, everything will be worked out in time.
Old 27-10-2013, 23:42   #5
Angelika

Please don´t forget that Elf made his wonderful tool with the permission of wolfdog. org
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 08:13   #6
Shadowlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika View Post
Please don´t forget that Elf made his wonderful tool with the permission of wolfdog. org
VERY good point!!
Old 28-10-2013, 13:11   #7
Tana

Please help.I want to add here, in database, the show results of my wolfdog. She has BOB(best of breed), BB(best bitch), excellent 1 and CAC-J(junior) in a city at CACIB. I must add all of them but in selection page is just one selected. Right now i added only excellent and CAC. Thank you for any advice.
Tana jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 13:37   #8
Gia
K-Lee Family

Send a message via Skype™ to Gia Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Gia

You can choose several titles with the button 'ctrl'

Gia, K-lee Vornja z Peronówki & Gran Rosa Amiga Atropa Bella Donna...
Gia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 13:39   #9
Tana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia View Post
You can choose several titles with the button 'ctrl'
thank you, i am beginner, sorry
Old 28-10-2013, 18:37   #10
Gia
K-Lee Family

Send a message via Skype™ to Gia Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Gia

You're welcome

Gia, K-lee Vornja z Peronówki & Gran Rosa Amiga Atropa Bella Donna...
Gia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 23:52   #11
Huan

Send a message via Skype™ to Huan Send Message via Gadu Gadu to Huan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
Furthermore, there is personal information of owners (and breeders too) who have not given permission for it to be used (name/address/phone number).
Exactly. I've found my home address there and I did not gave them permission to use it. There is also photo of my dog made by me.

According to HTML tags on the page the author of the website is Tanja Polnik (known here as TanjaP).
Old 08-11-2013, 12:29   #12
leila
http://www.tobrok.sk

hah, first - this new database is wrong. I should return my Akia - female, because she is a male in this database

but another thing. we - slvoakian club for csw breeders are creating our own, but only based on offitial results. it will be for imported and in slovakia born dogs. it will have also some "special" issues info about the dogs, that is offitial - like xrays, bonitation code - so our terms for studs and also optional results like DM, DW,... but we will include the contact on owner too. this is bacause many dogs are just lost in someones garden and maybe in future he will be needed for breeding. we also need dogs from foreign, but born in slovakia. it will be international, so also other people can have a look there, but not the complete one. that will be for slovakian breeders first.

it will be surely not so big as wolfdog, but lets say it like this - there can not happen, that male is female or wrong bonitation code or any MIX in name. only certificated and werificated info will be there. people can sent us info per formulars info about the dogs, but we will check it first. we will insert dogs since wolves in breeding, so it will be big and lot of work, but... it is worth to do this.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:21   #13
Tana

Leila is worthy only if your database is in English and only if you let all the people in, not only discriminating if they are from Slovakia or not.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:53   #14
leila

all have access, all can see something, but not everything like here
Old 25-11-2013, 01:06   #15
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

I have hard to understand the point of a new website whit the same info
Old 25-11-2013, 09:08   #16
leila

sama? well, for me is it not the same, to ask someone to add a litter, it takes a halfyear, mostly info is not ok or not verified,... for me, is an offitial database more worthy than a private server with "no" info.
Old 26-11-2013, 01:52   #17
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila View Post
sama? well, for me is it not the same, to ask someone to add a litter, it takes a halfyear, mostly info is not ok or not verified,... for me, is an offitial database more worthy than a private server with "no" info.

Yes, but both this new one and Wolfdog,org are private data base´es...

All info from the begining and photos are from Cz / SL club ( It club )
and the FCI... Or added by members...

But I still see no point in two off the same...

Best regards / M
Old 26-11-2013, 08:49   #18
leila

we are not speaking about the same one i think. im talking about the offitial slovakian club breeding book - database - offitial results, litters by our slovakian breedng book, bonitation codes, svp exams,... not private. it will be admined by club, not private person. all info verified.