Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Sport & training

Sport & training Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs as working dogs - how to train, how to teach new elements, information about competitions and training seminars...

Old 09-01-2012, 23:47   #1
michaelundinaeichhorn

Default Working wolfdogs

Hi,
after all these discussions about working abilities (for me it's definitely different to sport abilities) of our dogs and being very happy this evening, I wanted to share this story:
After a severe car accident a 59 year old women disappeared from the hospital at the 4th of Jan. and showed up one village further close to Cologne. After the police did refuse to call mantrailers the family looked for private trailers on their own and I got a call on Saturday morning. After they already had several trailers there we agreed to phone the next morning if we were needed
At Sunday noon she called me and asked us to come. We went there with 2 wolfdogs (Falin and her son Koljan) , one Tervueren and one Schnauzer-Mix and four handlers and arrived there quite late due to a quite far travel distance.
We sorted out the confused informations of sightings and trails of the former days on a map and decided to check the two possibilities to cross the motorway to the next village as she had been seen there the day before at a shopping center. The teams with Koljan and the mix found older trails on one side but Falin found an extremely fresh one, that was confirmed by the Tervueren, on the other side; we lost the trail at the end of a very big sport/school area in some kind of park at some very dense bushy area. We couldn´t continue there because it was totally dark, no way to trail there further on at night. We called all teams over to our side, checked the whole area around it for trails and though we had no chance to make a direct find, we could establish a movement sheme of the person and give some advice where to look for her at what times of the day. The family informed the police who picked her up today in exactly the area we suggested she would come back to!

I can´t tell you how proud I am of my great wolfdog! We searched from about 5 p.m. till 11.30 p.m. and when we decided to stop, Falin still was keen to go on and asked for more this morning (I am totally knackered, we returned at 2.30 a.m). For me this is what I look for in a working dog.

Ina

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 10-01-2012 at 00:24.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 23:57   #2
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Congratulations, hope now you'll get some well-deserved rest and Falin some well-deserved treats

It really is great when the wolfdogs are used for real work and I hope people who need working dogs will look to the breed more. Thanks for sharing and for being a good example!
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 23:57   #3
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I very proud for Falin great job a team

p.s. I hope we meet in this summer
Old 10-01-2012, 00:17   #4
michaelundinaeichhorn

I have to correct the story as I just got a message from the family. The woman showed up at the policestation in the area we said she would very likely move to in the morning and asked them to bring her home! We passed the station the day before on the very fresh trail. What she told them till now confirms the trailers.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:05   #5
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

congratulations!!
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:29   #6
AMERICANI

Send a message via Yahoo to AMERICANI

That ROCKS Michael!!! Way to represent!
AMERICANI jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34   #7