Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 24-11-2010, 23:40   #24
woland77
Gran figl de putt Member

It 'difficult to talk about behavior without an appropriate terminology in english, but i try.

Working dog must have a good hardening, not so strong, and not low.This hardness makes it possible to address the difficulties and maintain balance during stress. This feature is not synonymous with dominance.

Dog with good hardening, and high temperament (like a CZW) is not a simple dog to keep. Many time is a competitive dog, with other dog, but if well balanced is dog under controle; but if trained this dog can work (research work, not sport) free with other dog of the same sex (i have seen this on Czw too), because when he work, thinking only to work. This is strong dog. Not all handable, with good socialization dog have good hardening to be a work dog. For me is good if a CZW have good socialization, open caracter, handable...but is not sufficient. I want good hardening, and active temperament (fast reaction) too...work dog need this.

The great value of Utility & Defense discipline is not the test, ia not the sport, the score at day of competition. Training to IPO sequence (on cooperativity style) is most complete system to seen all natural features of caracter, he ability to overcome and develop into a situational stress, all related to the degree of cooperativity to the man. CZW never will be a god dog for IPO competion, i don't want this, but Utility & Denfense is a precious instrument for make real caracter selection, to workdog caracter.

Last edited by woland77; 24-11-2010 at 23:58.
woland77 jest offline   Reply With Quote