Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 01-10-2012, 18:54   #1
raven

Default degenerative myelopathy in Crying Wolf

Hi everybody!
I'm writing this post just to explain a case that happend to a very good friend of mine.
He bought a puppy from Crying Wolf,  he had to fight hard in order to obtain his puppy pedigree...near one year with lawyers...
Now he had made the test for degenerative myelopathy in laboklin, and surprise...his dog from Crying Wolf is positive, and the owner of this breeder doesn't make anything, and she doesn't responsabilice of anything...please if you are thinking in buying a healthy puppy don' t buy there...
If someone wants more info contact me...
raven jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 20:18   #2
buidelwolf

Do you mean by "positive" it is a carrier (N/DM) or he is a sufferer (DM/DM)? A substantial difference. Of what age is the dog in question? Be aware that the DM test for the Czechoslovakian Wolfdog could not be performed until about two years ago and it is even shorter that it became a requirement in breeding to breed for safe (DM tested) combinations, or at least an ethical obligation of the breeder to do so if the breed association of a country did not prescribe it yet as an obligation. Safe combinations mean that also carriers can be born (t would be totally irresponsible from a genetic point to only breed with fully free dogs, but that's another discussion).

Sorry, but I think this is little decent communication and of incomplete provision of information. I am becoming a little tired of such incriminating, damaging and even maybe unjustified statements.

Last edited by buidelwolf; 01-10-2012 at 20:24.
buidelwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:44   #3
raven

The female is more than two years old nowdays...and when I say positive I mean she suffers the illness (DM/DM)...If she was carrier this post has no sense...don't you think? I have the results from laboklin where they say she is ill...not a good new for any owner to know what is going to happen to your loved dog...and not having any reply from the breeder that didn't her "job" well...and this means an ill dog. I think it's a serious matter to leave it that way.
As I said before if someone whats more info I don't have any problem in giving it.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04   #4
buidelwolf

Very sad of course and I wish the owner much strength.

Quote:
The female is more than two years old nowdays
If the dog is over two years old, then the test could not be performed at the time of mating, so don’t blame breeders in this case. Tackling this terrible disease does not benefit from it blackening breeders this way.

if you are engrossed into this disease, then you know that we have a database where the results are collected in. I may assume that the owner simply announces the results in it instead of passing information by you through personal messages ?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:54   #5
raven

Of course I blame this breeder..in my opinion a good breeder looks for health...if you are not sure you should use a free desease, even not carrier couple for your dog...this is a good breeder, and a good breeder assumes his or her fault....and the info is not throught personal messages. He is my friend and we talk and we go for a walk with our dogs. He not uses any forum and I think is important to share this info to advise future owners, and I did it.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:20   #6
buidelwolf

Quote:
Of course I blame this breeder..in my opinion a good breeder looks for health...if you are not sure you should use a free desease, even not carrier couple for your dog
You seem to be very obstinate. One more time: at the time of the mating in this example, the test on DM was not yet possible. No breeder could perform it at that time, even not this one! Your allegations in this case are unjustified and serve no purpose. Furthermore you make the issue very unsportsmanlike surfacing old posts of equal muckraking content. Not really a textbook example of decent communication. That is precisely the reason why many enthusiasts nowadays avoid this forum.

If you really want to contribute to the eradication of this disease, ask the owner to convey the results in the aforementioned database as already many did.

Actually you never really introduced yourself on this forum. Do you own a wolfdog yourself or are you orienting? How did you get in contact with our beautiful breed? Just out of curiosity. Or do you only want to provide this information by PM...?

Good luck with your witch hunt against this breeder, some will enjoy it.....!

Last edited by buidelwolf; 03-10-2012 at 05:24.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:34   #7
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Of course I blame this breeder..in my opinion a good breeder looks for health...if you are not sure you should use a free desease, even not carrier couple for your dog...this is a good breeder, and a good breeder assumes his or her fault....and the info is not throught personal messages. He is my friend and we talk and we go for a walk with our dogs. He not uses any forum and I think is important to share this info to advise future owners, and I did it.
I'm not a fan of Crying Wolf kennel, but how can you blame the breeder if the test for DM had not been available before 2010 , the first, single dogs were tested in late 2010 and the massive testing began in 2011 when Daniela's project was introduced?

I understand the disappointment, but it's not a reason to be unfair!

Last edited by Rona; 03-10-2012 at 13:25. Reason: spel. er.
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote