Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 04-10-2003, 05:18   #1
lonewolf

Default Breeders in the United States

hello my name is michael and am a new member here and would like to know the best way to possibly find a breeder in north america or the best way to find a breeder elsewhere. am very interested in ownership
thanks
lonewolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 22:48   #2
johnslawek

Hello Michael,

I own a ninteen month female named Frida Crying Wolf. We are situated in Virginia and Pennsylvania at varying times during the year. If you would like to meet her, let us know and we can arrange a visit. We would be happy to share our thoughts of ownership and purchase with you.

John Slawek
johnslawek jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2004, 18:05   #3
solowolf

hi with regards exporting dogs to USA i have exported akitas to states from u.k, to import to USA you must ask you local department of enviroment lots of the states have different rules & regulations on importing animals, your local office will tell you what is required, most states want puppies vaccinated, plus rabies , vet health check 24 hrs before travel, you must have export pedigree in new owners name, there is no quarentine required from u.k or european countries, you will need air kennel for pup to travel in, be careful when buying these air kennels always check with the flight company they will tell you what type they premit on there fliughts, i know of one person who arrived at airport & was turned down for flight because there air kennel was not up to flight companys speck, they lost there flight fair what they had paid & had to get new air kennel, so check up, if you are flying with the puppy you can book it on as extra bagage & it will be cheaper, but you need to compare price as not all airlines offer this, you will if you are importing to most states need import lience it is very important to give sender the import number you can not get pup on flight without this, it takes a bit of time to get it sorted but worth it, the golden rule is do it all by the book never try & cut corners , if every document is not correct you will not get your puppy, one last thing from experience twice when i sent pups to USA when pups arrived the vet was late, the pups had to remain in there kennel till he arrived 4hrs late very unfair to my pups, so make sure to contact whatever vet is appointed to check the pup before you leave to collect it, hope this is of help best regards paul winder
solowolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:59   #4
amie

I live in California and I am interested in buying a pup. I would like a breeder who is familiar with all the rules and regulations for this kind of a purchase. I have a German Shepherd and I am a biologist. I wouldn't own a hybrid that was recently bred from a wolf, however, I have read about this breed and although it is technically a wolf hybrid, it has been domesticated long enough that it is a true breed. I also trained dogs for 10 years while going to school to become a biologist and I understand domincance issues and all that goes with owning a breed of this type. I really want to purchase one of these animals in the near future. I want to begin working on all the process required so that I can get working on it and when all is ready, have my new pup shipped to me. If anyone is a breeder and is familiar with what is necessary for me to purchase a pup please contact me.
Debbie
amie jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 20:37   #5
Koos

Hello,

As fas as I know, there are no breeders of CW in the USA. There are some dogs about 6, I think, living in the USA.

There are no rules for importing a dog, only the usual rules (vaccination and so on) but there are states, where the wolfdogs are not allowed.
So check by the local autorities if they are allowed and if they are allowed what kind of rules they have for walking without lead and where you are allowed to let hem free running.
Every state has different rules.

kindly regards,

Letty from Holland
German Shepherd and CW breeder
Koos jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 05:28   #6
WolfmanUSA

Are there any known CzW breeders in the US?
WolfmanUSA jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 22:46   #7
johnslawek

Hello, No known, nor unknown, breeders exist in the States.
johnslawek jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 20:01   #8
Milka

Is there any chance there will be some breeders in the USA any time soon??? What's the procedure to import a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog to the US???
HELP
Milka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 20:43   #9
Koos

Hello Milka,

there are no Breeders in the States, but there are some CSW. Maybe one day there will be a litter. Even I don't know if the CSW can registrated into the US Kennelclub.

There are no rules to import a CSW into the US. The only thing you have to infirm you about this kind of dog is allowed in the state where you live, because not in all the states, they are allowed and then they are free to hunt.

When you want to import a CSW, then you can buy a puppy not older then 12 weeks and then it don't need the Rabies vaccination as far as my information is right. When the puppy is older, then it needs the Rabies and this vaccination has to be given about a month, before shipping to the US.

Of course it needs the normal vaccinations, given at the age of 6 weeks and 9 weeks.

I think that the puppy will be shipped by plain, so look after a compagny
that will be make the flight in one session and in the neighberhood of the place where you live.

I hope that I have infirmed you enough for this time
Old 07-06-2005, 19:53   #10
Milka

Thanks for all the information everybody.
How about the quarantine?? If you import a younger than 12 week puppy does it have to go through quarantine?
Milka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 23:40   #11
Koos

Hello Milka,

Only for Great Britain and Australia the dogs, has to be in querantain, but there is a rule, that the dog can stay by the breeder or the one who will take care of him during about 6 - 7 month, because a puppy cannot get Rabies before 12 weeks and then it has to stay for at least 6 month. Then a month after the Rabies vaccination, bloodsamples had to be done and that takes allso a few weeks.

When everything is OK than it can be shipped but the puppy is than allready 10 -11 month old.

Maybe there are allso a few countries with quarentain, but I think that are allso countries with a very close relationship with Great Britain,

Letty
Old 30-07-2005, 21:50   #12
of_Mercedes_Dream

Hello,
For more information about transport of living animals, you should contact the company "Delta Airlines". I've send my puppy from Brussels to America with this company.
The price depends of the weight of the dog. Normally it must be around 600€.
As Kat already said, contact your state if wolfdogs are allowed and wich vaccinations they ask.
Patrick
of_Mercedes_Dream jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 00:29   #13
Star II

Default Reputable Breeders (That Ship)

Hello All,

I've been a member of this site for quite a while (formerly with a different username), and am highly interested in the breed. I live in the US, and I know rather frequently threads pop up about availability in the US, and I realize there are no breeders over here other than potentially one in Canada (I contacted the Canadian Breeder, and his description of his animals sounds more like Wolf Hybrids than Czech Wolfdogs to me personally). I know some breeders have occasionally shipped puppies to the US, although some that I talked to were against it. I did some research on the process of shpping puppies, and from everything I can read it appears very humane and safe. I'm trying to find out if there are any top notch breeders, particularly from or around the country of origin, that have a litter coming up and are interested in shipping (and also what the cost of both the puppy and shipping would be). I am very picky about getting a pup from a breeder whos pups are well socialized and have a track record of being free of dysplacia. Once I get a puppy I assure you that there is no better home, I love my animals to death and they are very much part of the family.

I'll write a brief bit about myself and my animals below. If you either are a breeder or know of one, or have any bit of info to share I would be most grateful. Thanks for your time!

~Tyson

I currently own a Siberian Husky named Sasha who is 2 years old. I am in love with the Northern dog breeds, and have owned both a German Sheperd and a high content Eastern Timberwolf/Sheperd Hybrid. I loved all of the animals, although I quickly realized that the Hybrid presents a whole unique set of challenges since they act more like a wolf than a dog. All of my animals have been extensively trained, and I love working with them (I'm starting agility training with my Siberian Husky in a few weeks!). I've been waiting until my Husky reached the two year old mark to get a new dog (because I know from experience how hard it is to train 2 puppies at the same time), but now I am actively looking and have been doing a lot of work researching different breeds. I've emailed back
and forth extensively with Mirka Rodriguez, and she has helped me to better understand the Czech Wolfdog breed. I am convinced that it sounds like a perfect fit, but it is difficult to find people who are interested in helping get a puppy to the US.
Star II jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 10:22   #14
michaelundinaeichhorn

Hi,
I agree with you that it is not such a big problem to ship a puppy but I would rather recommend for you to come over to Europe and visit several breeders before you buy a dog that you will have for hopefully about 14 years from somebody you don´t know out of a breed you have never seen before.
There are at least 3 special breed shows to come this year where you can meet a lot of breeders and you will certanly find everybody very helpfull. If you need some help with contacts or informations you are very wellcome to send me a privatmessage.

Regards Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 10:45   #15
Koos

I also agree with Ina, but I can imagine that it will be difficult to come over. Maybe it is possible to get contact with some people in the USA to visit them and look after the dogs and speak with them about the race.

As Ina said, you can send us a privat E-mail also when you have some questions.

many greetings,

Letty
Old 23-08-2005, 19:44   #16
Star II

Default Thanks

Thanks all for taking the time to respond so far (and more responses are definetely welcomed!). I would definetely prefer to travel to see the animals before getting one, but unfortunately its not very practical because of both the cost and the fact that I have only limited vaccation days through work. In other words I have to make a choice through only what I see and read through the internet, and the conversations I've had with various owners. I'm trying not to rush it and to make sure I make the right choice (not only in terms of the breed, but also in terms of which breeder I use, etc.) but its difficult because no breeder is going to say negative things about themselves, even if they are true. For that reason I appreciate feedback and breeder recommendations.
Star II jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 12:38   #17
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Hi, I think , all breeders from Czech or Slovak republic can help you with transport. It is not problem. Wait to autumn or winter and choose good puppy. Hanka
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 19:11   #18
elkr919

hi kim, there are still no breeders in the US. we had a puppy brought over from france about a month ago, i believe she is only the 13th one in the country. if you have any questions about how to get a pup to the us, you an email me at [email protected].

Elisa
elkr919 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 10:19   #19
Koos

Hello,

All the dogs in the USA are coming over from Europe.

There are a lot of people who asked the last few years for a dog or a puppy and there are a lot of articles on/in the English forum written about it.

Take your time and read this articles and you will see that it is not so difficult to get one into the USA. There only MUST be a VERY GOOD confidence between the buyer and the breeder.

And there is still another problem. Not in every state is the Wolfdog allowed or allowed to walk without a leach and a muzzle.
Otherwise they are free for shooting and hunting.

Also get your informations in your local state and local place over what is allowed or not.

Don't be in a hurry, take your time, read everything about this wonderfull dogs with their own character what is not to discribe with other dogs and be patient to buy one.

Try to be in contact with people who have these dogs and ask for their experiences.

When you have some questions, you can allways ask me and I will answer you by forum or by private E-mail.

Many regards,

Letty
Old 18-01-2007, 12:25   #20
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

Hi,

I would also like to remind you, that you need to check if the wolfdogs in your state would be considered dogs, or hybrids. It is still sometimes problem, that they don't accept the rabies vaccination as safe in hybrids and also special laws might apply, so make sure before, what would be the implications of you having a puppy of CsV, whether from Europe or later from States.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote