Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > CzW in need

CzW in need CzW looking for new homes: dogs with pedigrees but also Wolfdog-alike dogs from animal shelters....

Old 01-07-2011, 20:26   #61
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggar View Post
A wrangler in enterainment is someone who manages the animals on set. They're also commonly the lead trainer and handler, too (especially for smaller productions). The three terms (wrangler, trainer, handler) are often interchanged in entertainment, too.
OK. I had a stereotyped image...

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:05   #62
Czertice
Rakša

Quote:
We have found him a home and it looks like the details have been worked out. An animal wrangler in California contacted us about him (I guess he was in touch with Pollux's breeder who referred us to him).

We confirmed who he is with our talet agent. He lives on 10+ acres of property, has a staff to work with the dogs, and has other dogs that Pollux will be able to run around and play with.

This animal wranger is also migrating from wolf hybrids to vlcaks due to increasingly strict wolf hybrid laws across the USA. APparently he has some big deals in the works to so we'll see if Pollux makes it to the big screen or not.
Congratulations! I'll definitely support Pollux the new movie star;]
Old 02-07-2011, 10:15   #63
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
We have found him a home and it looks like the details have been worked out. An animal wrangler in California contacted us about him (I guess he was in touch with Pollux's breeder who referred us to him).

We confirmed who he is with our talet agent. He lives on 10+ acres of property, has a staff to work with the dogs, and has other dogs that Pollux will be able to run around and play with.

This animal wranger is also migrating from wolf hybrids to vlcaks due to increasingly strict wolf hybrid laws across the USA. APparently he has some big deals in the works to so we'll see if Pollux makes it to the big screen or not.

People, what are all these congratulations about???
So the dog has a new owner, who will own him together with many other dogs!!! I am sure that if Pollux were a GSD or some other "non-exotic" dog breed, he would not be so interesting for this person! Wolfdog needs a HOME, not a person just to feed and train him! He needs someone to pet him, to talk to him, to simply LOVE him...

Sorry, but this is tragic, I don't understand this. I hope you will still neuter Pollux.

Tfu, I hope breeders here in Europe will start thinking before selling puppies to USA Pollux example is more than enought... I am sorry for all these nice people who own, love, breed CSV in USA, but... this case is.. scary...

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01   #64
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post

Tfu, I hope breeders here in Europe will start thinking before selling puppies to USA Pollux example is more than enought... I am sorry for all these nice people who own, love, breed CSV in USA, but... this case is.. scary...
To USA and I hope to all Latin America, there was an european breeder which, not long ago, accepted to send one of his pups to a brazilian woman who had as experience with dogs a Minuature Pintcher.
She dreamed to have his wolfdog in her mothers' garden as she live in a flat.
According to her, the breeder stop of talk with her when she asked him to lower the price of the dog due the high transport price.
The woman live about 2500 km of me, she phoned me and I told her to adopt an adult easy mediun size mutt, she bought an Wippeth and has several problems in live with him yet.

I would like to ask all european breeder a bit of RESPECT to non-european breeders and to the dogs they breed.

If this dog had been owned by her, she would give up of him at the first week, she would have called me to come and pick up the pup, I would not have heart to do nothing and see a CzW get abandoned or die in our precarious shelters, then I would have to travel for 4 days only for pick up a dog which should never had been sent to her.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04   #65
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
there was an european breeder which, not long ago, accepted to send one of his pups to a brazilian woman who had as experience with dogs a Minuature Pintcher.
You do not want to say openly who this breeder is?....

Old 02-07-2011, 11:08   #66
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
You do not want to say openly who this breeder is?....
It seems like his responsibility for choose breed mates is the same to select owners, you can see his post here.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15   #67
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
It seems like his responsibility for choose breed mates is the same to select owners, you can see his post here.
Uf. I see

Old 02-07-2011, 11:35   #68
Nebulosa

In Spain there was also an case of a dog which was imported from Czech Republic, the dog was too hard for owners' experience and ended up attacking the wife of the owner, I contacted the breeder warning him about the dangerous situation, nothing was done, for what I know the dog has been put to sleep.
Old 02-07-2011, 15:11   #69
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Guess I am in the minority here....so Pollux is being sold to breed from?

The dogs that were 'aquired' for game of thrones from here ,most of them ended up in rescue centres.....given up to 'GOF' because they were unwanted and surplus to their breeders!!!

Last edited by tupacs2legs; 02-07-2011 at 15:27.
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 16:02   #70
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:

People, what are all these congratulations about??
Sorry, my posts are somewhat confusing. I congratulated Pollux before I had found out otherwise and wrote the other thread.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 20:08   #71
Tazer

A dog with his described temperament being happy working in a movie/tv set environment...you've got to be joking. Yes he may look the part, but will he be happy playing it?

Is the new owner prepared to put in the time to work with him to make sure he can handle that environment, or will he be trained in the new home environment, taken to the shooting location/s and just be expected to perform?

What happens if he doesn't make the grade? doesn't respond to the training? freeks out on set? what will this guy do with him if he is deemed to be useless?

What it appears Pollux needs is a home where he will be given time, patience, understanding and love. I maybe and indeed hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like that is what is being offered here.

Taz
Tazer jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 22:07   #72
Tassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
A dog with his described temperament being happy working in a movie/tv set environment...you've got to be joking. Yes he may look the part, but will he be happy playing it?

Is the new owner prepared to put in the time to work with him to make sure he can handle that environment, or will he be trained in the new home environment, taken to the shooting location/s and just be expected to perform?

What happens if he doesn't make the grade? doesn't respond to the training? freeks out on set? what will this guy do with him if he is deemed to be useless?

What it appears Pollux needs is a home where he will be given time, patience, understanding and love. I maybe and indeed hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't sound like that is what is being offered here.

Taz
Sounds to me it does not matter if Pollux does not make the grade - as long as he can produce pups who will!
Tassle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 22:30   #73
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Sounds to me it does not matter if Pollux does not make the grade - as long as he can produce pups who will!
If only the wrangler were aware to what extent vlcaks take their characters after their ancestors!

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 22:45   #74
Tassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
If only the wrangler were aware to what extent vlcaks take their characters after their ancestors!
It does not bear thinking about to be honest!

When I took on my boy (who admittedly is very Saarloos like - and all that goes with that!!) Mum was thrilled we would have a dog like this on our books.....until she realised how little he could cope with being treated like a prop. Dogs need a rock solid temperament and the ability to repeat things over and over, not to mention being handed off to strangers and expected to look like they 'belong'......

Sounds great doesn't it.
Tassle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 00:01   #75
Tazer

Quote:
I know, how very sad for him.

At least, if this guy already owns/trains wolfdog/hybrids, he should have some idea of the challenge he maybe about to take on.

Taz
Old 04-07-2011, 01:53   #76
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
It does not bear thinking about to be honest!

When I took on my boy (who admittedly is very Saarloos like - and all that goes with that!!) Mum was thrilled we would have a dog like this on our books.....until she realised how little he could cope with being treated like a prop. Dogs need a rock solid temperament and the ability to repeat things over and over, not to mention being handed off to strangers and expected to look like they 'belong'......

Sounds great doesn't it.
Good job his brother is on your books then lol ....have food will follow and repeat lol!
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:59   #77
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Quote:
At least, if this guy already owns/trains wolfdog/hybrids, he should have some idea of the challenge he maybe about to take on.

Taz
Yes, tiger trainers in circus also have knowledge about training them, but do the tigers feel happy about it?

Old 04-07-2011, 19:51   #78
Tazer

I never mentioned anything about Pollux being happy about it, I already said before he wouldn't be.
Old 04-07-2011, 20:57   #79
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Quote:
I never mentioned anything about Pollux being happy about it, I already said before he wouldn't be.
Yes, so I agreed

Old 05-07-2011, 23:14   #80
draggar

Pollux has a way of surprising people and the real Pollux is coming out more and more every day, one stride at a time. For example:

Yesterday was the American Independence Day and a very common way to celebrate it is to set off fireworks. Fireworks are everything most dogs would hate, they're loud, they can be heard from a long distance away, they're a quick and loud POP, a bright light (if close enough), and unpredictable.

I decided to give the dogs their final walks for the evening around 8PM, it was still light out so most people wouldn't have started by then. (It was either that or wait until midnight when the fireworks tone down or 2-3AM when they stop (and I leave for work at 6am).

I walked Pollux first knowing he would be affected by it the most. I was wrong, he wasn't to affected by it at all.

Most of it was medium popping and some flashes that didn't even phase Pollux. If there was a flash he'd look up as if he was thinking "What is that, it looks like a fun toy!". A few M80's were set off near us (1/4 stick of dynamite) which all he did was look up (as if surprised), looked around, and then went on with what he was doing before (sniffing, etc.). I walked Luna next and he didn't waste any time, she did her business and pulled me back into the house.

This is one instance where he did better than she did.

As for where Pollux is going, the person ha acres of open land where Pollux can run around with the other dogs. He also has a lot of experience with wolf hybrids so a vlcak, even one with Pollux's temperament issues, should be a step down from what he's used to (like going from working line malinois to show line GSDs, perhaps, but maybe not as extreme?). He is a trainer and will be able to dedicate the time Pollux needs.

I think there are only two people on this forum who can honestly claim they've seen the real Pollux come out. We think the exposure he'll get in CA will help bring that out even faster.
draggar jest offline   Reply With Quote