Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous All about Czechoslovakian Wolfdogs...

Old 18-01-2010, 16:30   #1
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak
Exclamation Puppy in California

I recently received an email from someone in California who (supposedly) imported a CSV puppy within the past 3-4 months. He is having HUGE problems with his puppy, and wanted to quickly get rid of it...I really worry for the safety of the puppy's life.... The guy also is not too happy with me, since I refused to reserve him a puppy from my own litter - so it is hard to get much information from him now. I don't know what breeder he got the puppy from, or even which country - only that it was Europe.

I will try to help this puppy as much as I can...but I would really like to talk to the breeder and see what their thoughts/wishes are - if I can get a reply from the new owner...I am so worried from this email.... Maybe the breeder (or someone who knows this breeder) will read this and send me a PM...

I really beg breeders in Europe...please, please, please get to know new owners and think very carefully before shipping puppies to the US. There are some really good potential owners in the US...but many more people that have no idea what it takes to be happy living with a wolfdog.

Translations to other forums would be very helpful!

Thank you,
Marcy
Old 18-01-2010, 18:08   #2
michaelundinaeichhorn

I have translated it for the German Forum but I don´t think the puppy comes from there.

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:56   #3
Rona
Distinguished Member

I've translated your post and published it on the Polish forum. I doubt if any Polish breeder sold him the puppy, but maybe somebody knows who did.

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:37   #4
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Marcy
why this owner does not contact breeder? I think every breeder will help to his puppy,when puppy has problem....But-maybe . His breeder does not know puppy has problem??????
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:44   #5
buidelwolf

Dear Marcy,

I posted your call for information on the Dutch forum. Update us if you receive more information!

Gr Robbert
buidelwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 23:00   #6
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Thank you so much to everyone for their help - I will certainly update if I receive more information.

All of the very best,
Marcy
Old 18-01-2010, 23:03   #7
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

I have in California city one friend which works with dogs.Maybe he can help to owner with puppy????
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 23:20   #8
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Hanka,

I also have friends in California who would help, and also know some CSV owners there who would probably help - I told the guy this, and even offered to pay to ship the puppy to Virginia (and my kennel), in addition to suggesting he contact the breeder. So far, no response... I have emailed him one more time - maybe he will check his email this evening and respond, I hope.

Thank you for your offer of help!
Marcy
Old 19-01-2010, 22:22   #9
Sir Allen

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Allen Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Allen Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Allen

Nobody is answering the phone.
Old 19-01-2010, 22:44   #10
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Allen View Post
Nobody is answering the phone.
Or answering emails for one week...maybe he has some kind of family problems, or is on holiday...
Old 20-01-2010, 01:37   #11
Enid Black

Just going to translate it in Italian and put it on the Italian Forum.. I hope the puppy will be well (why people just can't THINK??!)
Enid Black jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 02:14   #12
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enid Black View Post
Just going to translate it in Italian and put it on the Italian Forum.. I hope the puppy will be well (why people just can't THINK??!)
Thank you so much...but, now at least I know who the breeder is, no more translations needed - so they are also able to address the problem...if only the owner will respond to everyone who wants to help the puppy.

Marcy
Old 20-01-2010, 02:18   #13
Enid Black

Ok, perfect, I'll tell to the Italian forum then... Paws crossed for the puppy!!
Enid Black jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 20:27   #14
Rona
Distinguished Member

Any news about the pup?

Old 03-02-2010, 05:53   #15
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
Any news about the pup?
Yes, there has been contact with the owner - between the breeder, me, and a few other helpful folks in the US. The owners have decided to seek some training with a professional trainer - and have finally "opened their eyes" that the breed is not a GSD. No matter how many times someone tells you, or how you try to see it in your mind - there is no way to "know" a wolfdog until you have met and lived with one. Or 8.

If they decide not to keep the puppy, now they know for sure there are safe places for the puppy to go. So, this is a relief for me, at least.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:53   #16
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalomyOak View Post
If they decide not to keep the puppy, now they know for sure there are safe places for the puppy to go. So, this is a relief for me, at least.
I think more people feel relieved! Well done!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:17   #17
roo

Great Job Marcy!!

It's almost impossible to adequately describe the differences to new prospective owners/packs of training a CSV versus any other breed. It's the information sharing, support, and networking such as this example that will help provide a stable base for the CSV breed in the U.S., or anywhere else that this breed is so rare. Thanks everyone!

I wonder, now that the first CSV litter has been born in the U.S., what language will they speak?? The biggest challenge I experienced when first receiving my CSV pup was of course the language barrier. For those of you on this forum, you know that the challenge I was referring to was not with the dog learning "English", but with me learning CSV...
roo jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 14:31   #18
Vicky

Since we're on the subject, I'm curious about actually getting to meet/interact with CsVs before actually planning a huge trip to Europe or anything. Does anyone know anyone in or near Chicago? Or, are any of you attending dog shows in that area, or do you ever visit? This wouldn't have to be any time soon (I'm probably 5-10 years out from owning one, sadly) but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
Old 05-02-2010, 23:59   #19
AMERICANI

Send a message via Yahoo to AMERICANI
Default Quite Possibly a future friend!

I live in Texas... It is a little further than what you described (I do however have a close friend in Chilicothe), but in October 2010, I will be returning to Texas from Italy, to start a boarding kennel as well as going to school to train working dogs. (Either Tarheel Canine or Vohne Liche) Anyways... I've read some of your posts, and you are really on top of things. You have asked certain questions which either I wanted to learn for myself, or wait until I was confident to know exactly what to ask.. I am in Italy and have fallen in love with this breed since I bought my first in 2008. Please feel free to write and ask questions... I believe that is the best way to receive the answers we want. I know only basics of training (as per the reason I want to go to school to learn more).

Last edited by AMERICANI; 06-02-2010 at 00:23.
AMERICANI jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 14:45   #20
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
Since we're on the subject, I'm curious about actually getting to meet/interact with CsVs before actually planning a huge trip to Europe or anything. Does anyone know anyone in or near Chicago? Or, are any of you attending dog shows in that area, or do you ever visit? This wouldn't have to be any time soon (I'm probably 5-10 years out from owning one, sadly) but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
Seeing won't work. Especially if it is a grown up wolfdog. They look just onderful then, nothing worse than retriever And people do not believe, this amazing dog used to make owners just sit and cry Maybe someone should start a topic "Real stories. My CSV made my cry by doing..."

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote